Can Men Tinkle In Private? --HMC

spideyfam

We were on the Carnival Ecstasy last month. While on Half Moon Cay, I went to the men's room after we ate. This is the rest room just past the picnic tables near the food area.

When I walked in there were about 10 urinals against the far wall with most in use. Right behind them was a woman mopping the floor. I am not exaggerating at all when I say this.....She was actually washing in between the men's feet that were standing there going.

I know she has done this probably forever, because she was keeping her head down and doing her job, but, I still do not think it is right.

What if there were no doors on the woman's room stalls and there was a man mopping the floor?

Not trying to start a riot on here, but what does everyone think??

Sounds odd, but wouldn't bother me at all. Your business if facing in the other direction from her, so it's quite different from the ladies room scenario you proposed. You may just want to wait a few minutes until she leaves or go in a stall if you need the privacy.

The good thing is... you were on vacation at HMC!!! That is a great place to be. :D

Wow! I would care, too! It is not a problem if the cleaning LADY is in the bathroom doing her job when I am in there. I can at least do my business in the privacy of the stall. But... in the men's room without a stall... Yes, I would have expected her to close the men's room for a few moments to clean it. I would have said so. Fluke? Doubt it. If so, she would have been out of there.. I hope.

I don't care what they say about uptight Americans...Some things are just private for everyone. For those it doesn't bother, please respect the rest of us enough to give us the privacy and space we need.

We were on the Carnival Ecstasy last month. While on Half Moon Cay, I went to the men's room after we ate. This is the rest room just past the picnic tables near the food area.

When I walked in there were about 10 urinals against the far wall with most in use. Right behind them was a woman mopping the floor. I am not exaggerating at all when I say this.....She was actually washing in between the men's feet that were standing there going.

I know she has done this probably forever, because she was keeping her head down and doing her job, but, I still do not think it is right.

What if there were no doors on the woman's room stalls and there was a man mopping the floor?

Not trying to start a riot on here, but what does everyone think??

First of all, I have been laughing for a full minute by just the title of your thread alone.:D But if she didn't have enough sense to wait until it was empty and then close it for a few minutes to clean, she surely wouldn't mind "accidentally" getting a little urine sprinkle on her:rolleyes:. Maybe getting sprayed would make her think twice about mopping in between people actively urinating. Or you could of did what Jesus would have done and ask her nicely to give you some privacy so that you could relieve yourself. Too funny and unbelievably weird at the same time. You know that wouldn't fly in Walmart...lol.

Sounds odd, but wouldn't bother me at all. Your business if facing in the other direction from her, so it's quite different from the ladies room scenario you proposed. You may just want to wait a few minutes until she leaves or go in a stall if you need the privacy.

The good thing is... you were on vacation at HMC!!! That is a great place to be. :D

What privacy? You guys already whip it out in front of each other:D

I thought only women tinkled

I do agree she probably shouldnt have been in there

But If I went to the head to take a leak it wouldnt cause me any shrinkage if a women was in there cleaning. She probably was just trying to get her job done so she could go home.

Apparently this is not uncommon in the Caribbean. I've encountered this at HMC, Cozumel, Roatan, and Belize. :confused:

Don't get me started on my "guys get no privacy" rant. As soon as we tackle the "urinals with no dividers issue" here in the States, we'll move on to what happens in other countries. :(

I find the whole situation odd, but I'm thinking it may have been just as uncomfortable for the woman knowing that there were a lot of men around with their junk hanging out, and maybe closing the facilities just wasn't an option.

I thought it was odd in the Duty free shop (Mayaa) in Marigot in St. Martin that the men's restroom (urinal only) only had a saloon-style swinging door separating the urinal and people who may be in the store shopping, so you could see if someone was in there using it. The duty free shop did have a no photos policy in effect for the whole store.

Don't go to France!

Men and women share the same facilities.

Or Egypt. Or Turkey. Or Greece. Or Russia. Or many, many places around the world where there is an attendant to not only clean the room but to dole out the TP 2 squares at a time (whether you need both or not).

Seriously, you are travelling. Cultures differ.

Ok, so since I have had a minute to gather myself because this is way too funny. I have to say who cares. As long as you aren't in there spinning in circles you can make it so she doesn't see anything.

I have a Strange feeling that if she wasn't in there this thread would have started out as could you believe how dirty the men's room was at HMC. how about, there was man mopping between my feet while I was tinkling or I couldn't use the restroom because they closed it to clean it. Relax your on vacation and I am sure she's not worried about seeing, well you know. Final note this isn't the ladies room and I would be against a man doing this is the ladies room. As it could become dangerous for a woman.

Archived