Bannister Island

jdotexas

The bannister Island, private beach break sounds great, but I have read some poor reviews on this excursion. Has anyone been there recently to share their thoughhts? Our cruise leaves in 3 weeks and I need to find something to do in Belize or I suppose I'll have "run of the ship".

I too would like to hear some thoughts on Bannister. I booked this excursion thru the ship since it's a tender port, but might cancel when it gets closer and just go to the port awhile, hang out at the wet lizard, shop, etc. and the pool on the ship. Also thought about going to Caye Caulker, but not sure if I want to take the long taxi ride there and back. Whatever we end up doing, I plan on enjoying it!!! :)

I think most of the time you have to go through the cruise line. That's the way we booked ours. This was our only excursion we booked through the cruise line.

Will be going to Bannister in March.

Can you please come back and post your review.;)

Thanks in advance.

Will be going to Bannister in March.

Can you please come back and post your review.;)

Thanks in advance.

Yes, this is my 2nd cruise in about 18 years. I've learned so much from this message board & I plan on doing reviews on everything I do, so I can help out the next person!

I was just looking at the Coral Breeze website and they have a tour going there.

I think I did read that also. Since we are tendering in to the port, I figured, the boat picks us up & goes straight to Bannister Island. Rather than tendering to the port & waiting around for the excursion company. Unless, that group picks you up also from the ship. Anyways, we just decided to go with the ship.

It just seemed easier for us with 2 kids. :)

I think I did read that also. Since we are tendering in to the port, I figured, the boat picks us up & goes straight to Bannister Island. Rather than tendering to the port & waiting around for the excursion company. Unless, that group picks you up also from the ship. Anyways, we just decided to go with the ship.

That is probably a very good choice for you. Have fun!

This past week they tendered us first to the TV and we then took another boat to Banister. We did go straight to the ship after the the 4 hours at Banister.

This past week they tendered us first to the TV and we then took another boat to Banister. We did go straight to the ship after the the 4 hours at Banister.

Ok, this may be silly but what's TV stand for ?? I'm only thinking telelvision & that doesn't seem right to me LOL

How long did you have in the TV before you had to get on the boat to go to Bannister? I might want to do some shopping?

Thanks

How long did you have in the TV before you had to get on the boat to go to Bannister? I might want to do some shopping?

Thanks

This seems to be subject to frequent change. When I booked it through RCL the tender was supposed to leave from the ship at 9:30 and go directly to Banister. When I got onboard the tour ticket had us going from the tourist village at 11:00 am. So in our case there was time to go through the shops before 11:00 am. The island is shared with excursions from the Carnival ship so they change the times because there isnt room for both RCL and Carnival to be on the island at the same time. Which ever time you go there would be time for shopping either before or after the 4 hour Banister stop.

This seems to be subject to frequent change. When I booked it through RCL the tender was supposed to leave from the ship at 9:30 and go directly to Banister. When I got onboard the tour ticket had us going from the tourist village at 11:00 am. So in our case there was time to go through the shops before 11:00 am. The island is shared with excursions from the Carnival ship so they change the times because there isnt room for both RCL and Carnival to be on the island at the same time. Which ever time you go there would be time for shopping either before or after the 4 hour Banister stop.

I thought we went directly from the ship to the island also. I guess I'll just wait have to wait & see.

Thank you.

We were on the Carnival Legend a few weeks ago and went to Bannister. We went directly from the ship to Bannister and directly back to the ship, missing the TV.

Bannister is beautiful but if you go take water shoes because there are literally tons of shells mixed in the sand and lining the beach where you enter the water. Painful on bare feet. Most of the shells are broken so not very good shelling.

We did not have any food there. We had one smallish frozen drink apiece and they were $5 US. We had about 3 hours there.

I went to BI last week. Not happy at all. Walking in the water kills your feet due to shells and rocks. I did not take water shoes. The water is beautiful, but they packed too many people on the beach. Some did not even have chairs until one of the groups left. Just very disappointed as it could have been a very nice day but did not turn out that way.

I went to BI last week. Not happy at all. Walking in the water kills your feet due to shells and rocks. I did not take water shoes. The water is beautiful, but they packed too many people on the beach. Some did not even have chairs until one of the groups left. Just very disappointed as it could have been a very nice day but did not turn out that way.

Thanks for posting. I just booked for me and hubby.

We love the beach and don't want to venture on our own, so this tour is a no brainer.

Hopefully, we'll be there early and get a chair. If not, it won't ruin my day, I'll bring an extra beach towel and lay on the sand. Hubby will probably hang around the bar.

I"ll get us some water shoes just in case we decide to get in the water. Thanks for the heads up.

Plan to just relax in a chair with my IPOD and have some drinks and look at that beautiful water.:p

I reread my message and realized how negative it was. Just take water shoes and a towel (you will probably get a chair...we did) and know there might be a lot of people. It was beautiful water and a nice breezy place to take in the sunshine. Not my best excursion but not my worst either. Have a great day. Oh, the one good thing is you leave directly on a tender from the ship. That sold me on the excursion as you did not have to go to Belize and then get on another boat.

If you go to Bannister you might see dolphins....several people did the day we were there. And if you go in the water, there are big starfish on the bottom in the swimming area out towards the ropes. It wasn't terribly crowded the day I was there...plenty of empty loungers. I suppose this depends on how many ships in port that day.

There are some pics of Bannister towards the end of my Legend review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1577610&highlight=legend+mother+daughter

We just got back from BI as part of the snorkel and beach break offered through Carnival. A big perk was getting picked up at the ship and not having to tender.

BI is nice enough, there seemed to be just enough chairs for us that day but it was also close to lunch time so plenty of people were at the bar/restaurant.

The 'beach' is very rocky. We walked into the water and it killed our feet. I highly recommend water shoes for this island if you have them.

We really liked the beach area and saw a couple dolphins on our way to the island (but not while we were there). We've got a lot of pictures of the snorkel and BI in our review which can be found in my sig.

Archived