Panraven may be coming back to Princess

KansasCityGuys

I just got off the phone with Princess as there was a problem with my coupon not showing up in my shopping cart. The problem got fixed and I was able to order the book. I have been very impressed with their customer service.

Amanda, the Panraven Representative I was speaking with told me that they have new owners within the last month and are currently in negotiations to return Panraven back to the Princess ships. I am sure Princess has noticed a decline in sales at the Princess Photo Gallery.

Below is the link to our most recent book on the Caribbean Princess/10 day Southern Caribbean from New York if anybody would like to take a look.

http://www.panraven.com/storyviewer/?storyId=224929

Scott

We enjoy our 3 photo books but not the constantly changing & vague pricing. Unless that improves to make it more reasonably priced, then doubt if we'd do another book. Originally we didn't have to buy so many photos which we didn't want to get a book less than half the size of our 1st one. Nothing was in writing & verbal promises were not always honored. Nice book but a poor purchasing experience & it got too expensive with many less expensive photo book options being available.

Didn't realise they had stopped dealing with Panraven on Princess. I was hoping to be able to do a book following our cruise in March. We did one on our last cruise with HAL and it was excellent.

I will be sorry if it's not available. I can do a photobook online, but it's good to have the pre-loaded ships and port photos and text. It makes it a bit more special.

Even if Princess doesn't renew their relationship with Panraven, you might try one of the other photo book companies. We liked our Panraven books from Princess, including the stock photos provided by Princess, but we also have been very happy with books we made on Shutterfly of our other vacations.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to share our experience with Panraven as we were very impressed.

We planned to make an album following our 7 day Caribbean cruise this past January. When we were aboard the Grand Princess we asked about the photo book promotion and were told that they no longer offered it.

When we returned home I decided to email Panraven to ask about ordering one without the Princess Promo. I sent the email on a Sunday evening after 8:00 pacific time. Panraven is located in MA so I didn't expect any response until the following day. I promptly received the follow up response stating someone would contact me within 24 hours and about 10 minutes later a person from their customer service department told me that they were working to get a promotion going with Princess again. In the meantime the rep sent me a link to another album that had the same itinerary we had and said I could use that as my starting point.

I replied back and asked about pricing and was told $24.95 for the first 20 pages and .99 per page after that. Maximum 200 pages (100 sheets front and back). In addition, she gave me 25% off my order.

I created our book, 62 pages in total and submitted the order. We received the book a week later. We love it! It turned out even better than I imagined and we will definitely use them again when we cruise next year.

PEZdudesWife, you certainly had a different experience than I did. I tried contacting the company every way I had think of over a two/three week period. I never got a response from them until my book was finished. I had to solve all my questions on my own. The book did turn out well, despite their lack of help.

pegpowell, how recently was your experience with them? Maybe it was with the previous owners. We ordered on the 12th of Feb. and got the book on the 17th.

I just looked at your South Pacific pictures...very nice! I especially like the flowers.

You probably noticed that our cruise was in Sept/Oct., so I was probably trying to contact them in Nov.-Jan. I don't remember when I finished my book, but it had to be within 90 days. I did web searches for an address, contacted Chamber of Commerce, tried LinkedIn, tried the yellow pages...

I did send a snail mail letter (as well as several emails). It wasn't returned to me, but it was never answered. It was like they were a phantom company that you couldn't find and couldn't contact. I would submit a request for help, get the "We received your request and will answer within 2 -3 business days". That would be the end of it.

Glad you were able to get help.

I have always loved our books but have thought the Panraven cusomer service less than stellar. We have six books now and had problems with three last year and just getting a response to email (they had no phone number that we could find) took an act of God. I guess a couple of individuals bought the company the first of the year because its been like night and day. I went to order a reprint of our last Coral Princess Cruise and the story kept giving me an error. Well I went to the support pand and was amazed to see a phone number published. Not an 800 number but still. I called at 7pm EST and a human picked up. 2nd ring no less. The rep Ashly was very sweet and polite but couldn't help me herself and took all my information. The next morning I had an email from their support department telling me that the error was corrected. Sure enough it was and we got our book reprint 4 days later. Whoever the new owners are the seem to get how to support the customers. I hope Princess offers the books again for our June cruise.

Archived