???Baggage sent to airport directly from ship

vinman13

We have cruised on other cruiselines and they offered a service that you pay extra and the ship sends your luggage directly to the airport. Then you pick it up at your hometown airport.We have never used this service but were wondering if Princess offers this.If so what is the cost? Is it per bag or per person? Do you leave your bags outside your stateroom the last night and pick your bags up at your hometown airport. What is the name of this service on Princess if they do offer it?

We have cruised on other cruiselines and they offered a service that you pay extra and the ship sends your luggage directly to the airport. Then you pick it up at your hometown airport.We have never used this service but were wondering if Princess offers this.If so what is the cost? Is it per bag or per person? Do you leave your bags outside your stateroom the last night and pick your bags up at your hometown airport. What is the name of this service on Princess if they do offer it?

It is called EZ CHECK its all done on board u need to check with the front desk and arrange this, but do it early as they only do so many, and yes its $20.00 per person, plus baggage if your airline charges and they print off your boarding pass for u, and yes u leave your bags out the night before,

These are the Airlines who participate. For example United is only out of MIA and not FLL. Jet Blue only from FLL and not MIA. Others listed are:

Iam not sure but maybe Southwest ??

Air Canada

Air Tran

American

Delta

Continental

US Air

It is called EZ CHECK its all done on board u need to check with the front desk and arrange this, but do it early as they only do so many, and yes its $20.00 per person, plus baggage if your airline charges and they print off your boarding pass for u, and yes u leave your bags out the night before,

These are the Airlines who participate. For example United is only out of MIA and not FLL. Jet Blue only from FLL and not MIA. Others listed are:

Air Canada

Air Tran

American

Delta

Continental

US Air

so you don't need to pick your bags up at customs. the next time you see your bags is at your home airport?

No, one you put you bags out on the last night of the cruise, you don't see them again until you get to your home airport. We have done this 3 times and it is great. They only charge $20 per person. I would easily pay $50 per person for this service, but I won't tell them that. It is so convenient.....

Dan

so you don't need to pick your bags up at customs. the next time you see your bags is at your home airport?
Note that your flight has to leave FLL at 11:30am or later. If your flight is at 11:29am, you will not be accepted.

A few days before disembarkation, you'll receive forms to fill out and drop off at the Passenger Services Desk. I always have a copy of my airline e-ticket to hand in with the form. This way, there are no questions or possible errors on the form.

If you are accepted, you will receive luggage tags to put on your luggage and your boarding pass. You'll be charged $20/pp plus any airline baggage fee.

We did this last year and it was phenomenal! Though you may want to triple check that you've put everything in those bags before you put them in the hallway. I remembered something 2 minutes after putting the bag out and it was gone. :o Thankfully they hadn't gone far and I was able to shove that last item (not carry-on compliant) into the bag.

Air Canada --can't be used because it flies directly to Canada

Air Tran

American

Delta

Continental

US Air

Only if your final destination is in the United Staes .

I just did this in December off the Grand, best $20 I ever spent! To go hands free was amazing, not to mention not fighting for the overhead bin space on the planes! Boy they really need to enforce the carry on limit, it is out of control. I realize airlines bring this on themselves with their heavy baggage fees. I had my one Princess tote canvas bag, you know the size, my Dh had one small briefcase, we put it above out seats with the intention of getting things should we need them, not to mention ability to get our carry-on and make our next connection. The people directly across from us had two huge carry on;s, to the point where the overhead would not close and they knew it, so the flt attendant is making her final close downs and gets to them and of course could not close, so she starts looking around, opens our overhead and takes out my little bag and says whose it this, I said mine, she said well I am going to move it back further so she could move these peoples huge bags one in each overhead! I said nope in a very nice voice, I brought the right size carry on and I do not intend to be punished and have my bag out of my reach (not to mention the trying to go back to get my stuff when I am trying to go forward!!) ok so then she grabs my DH bag and says whose is this, again I speak up and say we brought the right size carry on, move someone elses stuff!

I say all this to point out its getting ugly out there if you do not know it yet and the less you bring on the better it will be for you. We got home and there was our bags, it was just perfect and I commend Princess for such a forward thinking arrangement. A win win for everyone!

Sorry if I got off the point, guess it has been bothering me since I got home! Ha!

is it $20 pp in cabin or only for the first 2 passengers my daughter is in our cabin will she be charged as well?
Per person because the charge is to check you in and print your luggage tags and boarding pass. Very reasonable. If your daughter is flying, it'll be $20 for her, too.

EZ Check is a great service. Keep in mind tho that the $20pp is for the service. Princess prints all your boarding passes, luggage tags and handles your luggage for you to your home destination. If you are flying a airline that charges baggage fees, that will be added to your account along with any overweight baggage charges as if you were at the airport.:)

Also, I believe if you are making a stop and need to change planes, you second flight must be with the same carrier.

Here is a different question regarding EZ Check. My wife and I will be traveling together, however after the cruise we will be going in separate directions. The luggage from the cruise will go with her and where I am headed I will not have any luggage as my clothes will be there from previous trip. Can we register only her on the program or do both of us have to be registered? I am not worried about check in as I am A status on SW and get a good number anyway.

We were on the holiday cruise from L.A. to Hawaii on the Golden Princess, this past December - I had booked flights on United which turned out to be very inconveninet, but however, had to so that we could use EZ check - I decided to check with the Pursers office to see when they would pass out the forms that request this service, only to be informed that they no longer offer it! I was soooo disapointed, since again I had booked flights that I wouldn't have used and, we had to pay luggage fees.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this - Ugg! don't tell me I was given wrong information!

Betty

Here is a different question regarding EZ Check. My wife and I will be traveling together, however after the cruise we will be going in separate directions. The luggage from the cruise will go with her and where I am headed I will not have any luggage as my clothes will be there from previous trip. Can we register only her on the program or do both of us have to be registered? I am not worried about check in as I am A status on SW and get a good number anyway.
I don't see any problem with submitting the form just for her. The service is for the passenger to be checked in and get luggage tags. She'll need to indicate how many bags she's checking in but there isn't a requirement that they can only be her bags.

Note that your flight has to leave FLL at 11:30am or later. If your flight is at 11:29am, you will not be accepted.

We were lucky. Our Air Tran flight left FLL at 11:28 and we were accepted to use EZ Check. We have used this service twice and love it. My sister disagrees and carries her bags off but for $20 it eliminates a lot of hassle. It is so convenient just walking to security in the airport and not having to check bags!

Posting this again - since no one answered me re whether they are still doing this EZcheck or not. The trip I mentioned arrived back in L>A on January 4th 2012.

"We were on the holiday cruise from L.A. to Hawaii on the Golden Princess, this past December - I had booked flights on United which turned out to be very inconveninet, but however, had to so that we could use EZ check - I decided to check with the Pursers office to see when they would pass out the forms that request this service, only to be informed that they no longer offer it! I was soooo disapointed, since again I had booked flights that I wouldn't have used and, we had to pay luggage fees.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this - Ugg! don't tell me I was given wrong information! "

Betty

In FLL do you actually claim your luggage before you go though customs and then turn in the luggage to go to the airport? Or do you not even get to put anything into your luggage on the morning of departure?
You put it out the night before with the airline tag on it plus a Princess tag, and you won't see it until you arrive at your final destination. So no, you need to keep everything out that you'll need overnight and the next morning and carry it in your carry-on.

You put it out the night before with the airline tag on it plus a Princess tag, and you won't see it until you arrive at your final destination. So no, you need to keep everything out that you'll need overnight and the next morning and carry it in your carry-on.

Thank you.

Archived