Rules relating to Meet and Mingle arrangements

We have just booked our second only RCCL cruise and after having arranged a great "get together" for over 120 people on a Princess cruise last year though the Cruise Critic forum I would like to try to organize something similar on this cruise. However, I read on another forum that RCCL will normally not offer assistance in the arrangement of a "Meet & Mingle" if the cruise is less than 7 nights duration or if there are less than 20 passengers registered on the Roll Call.

Our cruise is only 5 nights.

Can anyone confirm these rules?

On my 5 day Explorer cruise last September, we planned a luncheon in the main dining room, on the first sea day, after a cabin crawl. I contacted Royal Caribbean a few weeks before, and they set up a private area in the dining room. I think it was called the Balboa Room. We had about 25 people and it turned out really nice. We also had a gift exchange at the luncheon. On the last sea day we planned a slot pull. It was great to get together with everyone before the cruise ended.

This is the email address I used to plan the luncheon: web_reservations@rccl.com

I emailed the request with the date and time we wanted to have it and the approximate number of people that would be attending. I also include my reservation number.

I later got an email from the guest services officer on the EOS with the confirmation of the date and time. There was also a note from him in the cabin when I first boarded and a note on the last day thanking everyone for sailing.

It was a nice touch.

The cruises have to be 7 nights or longer for a RCI supported M&M

Start a roll call thread for your sailing and set up your own.

Thanks Trainman-2, already done, but only 2 respondent so far, hope the numbers get better by June.:rolleyes:

On my 5 day Explorer cruise last September, we planned a luncheon in the main dining room, on the first sea day, after a cabin crawl. I contacted Royal Caribbean a few weeks before, and they set up a private area in the dining room. I think it was called the Balboa Room. We had about 25 people and it turned out really nice. We also had a gift exchange at the luncheon. On the last sea day we planned a slot pull. It was great to get together with everyone before the cruise ended.

This is the email address I used to plan the luncheon: web_reservations@rccl.com

I emailed the request with the date and time we wanted to have it and the approximate number of people that would be attending. I also include my reservation number.

I later got an email from the guest services officer on the EOS with the confirmation of the date and time. There was also a note from him in the cabin when I first boarded and a note on the last day thanking everyone for sailing.

It was a nice touch.

So RCCL still assisted with arrangements even though your cruise was only 5 days?:confused:

So RCCL still assisted with arrangements even though your cruise was only 5 days?:confused:

It doesn't surprise me that they were willing to do something like that. It's always been my experience that RCCL is very accomodating to reasonable requests. I say it's always worth asking. Worst they'll say is no. :)

Yes it was just lunch in the main dining room, but having our own room was really nice. We were there for about two hours, and had a lot of fun. The waiters were great and took a few group pictures for us. We all chipped in and left them a nice tip when it was over.

My husband and I were also on that 5-night Explorer sailing to Bermuda.

Thanks to Gail for making those luncheon arrangements.

It was so much fun. We also had a slot pull, which was so great.

I think that was the best meet and mingle we had on any cruise. And our cruise mates did all the arrangements.

Rita and Lou:)

My husband and I were also on that 5-night Explorer sailing to Bermuda.

Thanks to Gail for making those luncheon arrangements.

It was so much fun. We also had a slot pull, which was so great.

I think that was the best meet and mingle we had on any cruise. And our cruise mates did all the arrangements.

Rita and Lou:)

Hi Rita,

The meet and mingle was a lot of fun. Have you booked any more cruises?

I'm booked on the 7 night 9/23/12 EOS to Bermuda with Linda, (she was at the slot pull) and a 10 night 3/5/13 with Pat and Eileen. It would be great if we could get together with some of the people for a reunion cruise.

Tell Lou I said hi.

I read on another forum that RCCL will normally not offer assistance in the arrangement of a "Meet & Mingle" if the cruise is less than 7 nights duration or if there are less than 20 passengers registered on the Roll Call.

I thought the minimum was 25 passengers? Does the minimum vary by length of cruise?

Archived