Tomorrow is the day! Just a couple more questions:

quirkygrl16

Tommorow is it!!! I set sail on my first cruise aboard The Sensation!! I have a couple last minute questions,though.

1.Should we bring our own towels?

2.What is the most packed place/the place to avoid while we wait for our rooms to be available?

3.Has anyone ever had a bad interaction with Bonine and alcohol?

4.Are the shows really worth seeing?

1. No, the ship will provide them

2. Probably next to any food/alcohol venue

3. You are not supposed to drink alcohol while taking this medication. Do people? Yes.

4. Everyone likes different things. Try one and see if you like it

1. No, the ship will provide them

2. Probably next to any food/alcohol venue

3. You are not supposed to drink alcohol while taking this medication. Do people? Yes.

4. Everyone likes different things. Try one and see if you like it

Thanks for the answers.

Do you really get sea sick, or is this a preventive. Wondering because they have the bands. And possibly you can drink with that? Don't know anything about sea sickness but I want to get the bands in case, so my kids don't get sick.

I get pretty bad motion sickness. I went to Puerto Rico and the winding hills were so bad for me I almost had them pull over. :( I read that the bands didn't work,that they were a placebo/thought based. I didn't want to take any chances and be miserable for three days.

You don't have to. Towels will be provided but if you take the cruise line towels off the ship & fail to return them you will be charged about $25.

2.What is the most packed place/the place to avoid while we wait for our rooms to be available?
Anyplace that isn't serving food. The buffet will be the most crowded. It's like your fellow passangers have never eaten & never will again. It calms down during the week.

Yes. Don't over do either one & stop one or the other if you feel sick. More is bad when it comes to seasick meds.

It depends. Some are some aren't. You can always quietly & politely sneak out if you hate it as long as you aren't seated in the middle of a row.

Tommorow is it!!! I set sail on my first cruise aboard The Sensation!! I have a couple last minute questions,though.

1. No. They provide them in the cabin for port days and tou can check them out on deck on sea days.

2. Lido will be crowded because most everybody will go there for lunch when they get onboard.

3. I've never had a problem.

4. I think it depends on what you like. I like the welcome show, carnival legends and the comedy. It just depends on what else is going on at the time.

Have a great cruise!

The shows are below the standard necessary to attract a full audience of paying customers at a land based location. At sea the show is the only such option each night and so it's that or nothing. The ones we have seen have all been pretty ordinary.

If you like they are better than the contestants in the heats of a TV talent show but not as good as the winners.

Actually, some of the shows are terrible. We had one comedian who used as a punch line "if you don't like me then it's tough because there isn't anyone else"; we left at that point of his show.

On balance you'll have fun but don't expect what you'd get if you'd bought a ticket to a popular show.

The shows are below the standard necessary to attract a full audience of paying customers at a land based location. At sea the show is the only such option each night and so it's that or nothing. The ones we have seen have all been pretty ordinary.

If you like they are better than the contestants in the heats of a TV talent show but not as good as the winners.

Actually, some of the shows are terrible. We had one comedian who used as a punch line "if you don't like me then it's tough because there isn't anyone else"; we left at that point of his show.

On balance you'll have fun but don't expect what you'd get if you'd bought a ticket to a popular show.

Thanks. We will probably skip the shows then.

Thanks. We will probably skip the shows then.

Don't take the opinions of the folks on this board. Go to a couple shows and see if you like them. My personal opinion is the the musical type shows put on by the ship cast are pretty good. Some of the others I don't care for. If you don't go to them, you'll never know.

Don't take the opinions of the folks on this board. Go to a couple shows and see if you like them. My personal opinion is the the musical type shows put on by the ship cast are pretty good. Some of the others I don't care for. If you don't go to them, you'll never know.

This is true. We shall see what time allows for.

Archived