Something to add to our addiction

josie724

Carol how long have you waited after getting the Off Line Message?? I know that with both my Forefox and Internet Explorer I get the message for a moment or 2 until the stream is fully loaded and then it comes in.

With Google Chrome I had nothing but problems so decided the best bet was to get rid of it completely.

I have a fairy new computer, less than 3 months old, running Vista 7 professional with 64 bits (have a program that also has XP running, so am able to run all 32 bit programs)

About the only other problem I did have when I got the new system was that I had to reinstall several times the program that allowed me to view the Web Cams on Internet Explorer, but had no problems with Mozilla Firefox.

Can you try and Install Firefox and see if that helps??

Joanie

Joanie

I have left it there for over an hour and nothing changes. I have tried it at different times of the day.

Internet Explorer on my computer is so slow it is unusable (Windows XP). I have tried Firefox and that wasn't much better. I have found the best is Google Chrome.

The webcam used to work but they have made changes and since then I cannot get it.

Maybe it's for the best as we have had to cancel our B2B April cruises out of Ft Lauderdale and watching others sail is so sad.

Good morning webcam addicts. i know that I should probably know about this webcam stuff; I'm not new to CC and post faily liberally on the threads and have seen many posts about the webcam (and their faithful followers!) but I am completely lost when it comes to this potentially new addiction for me! Can someone tell me what it is about the webcam that has our group so riveted?

When I opened this thread, the first post had a hyperlink to the webcam, so naturally, I opened it, and I saw a lovely ship in port, but nothing was happening. it was just sitting there! Should I wait and keep watching? Will something happen? I guess I just don't get it (yet).

I'm such a wanna-be! Could someone explain the webcam experience to me?

Thank you!

Good morning webcam addicts. i know that I should probably know about this webcam stuff; I'm not new to CC and post faily liberally on the threads and have seen many posts about the webcam (and their faithful followers!) but I am completely lost when it comes to this potentially new addiction for me! Can someone tell me what it is about the webcam that has our group so riveted?

When I opened this thread, the first post had a hyperlink to the webcam, so naturally, I opened it, and I saw a lovely ship in port, but nothing was happening. it was just sitting there! Should I wait and keep watching? Will something happen? I guess I just don't get it (yet).

Thank you!

The best time to view is at sail away time - usually around 5pm Florida time. Be sure to have your sound turned on to hear the ships' horns.

You can also watch the ships coming in (early am) but this is in the dark.

You can look at the ports timetable here

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

I always filter on 'CRUISE - MULTI-DAY' as I am really only interested in cruise ships.

Below the web cam is a map so you can see where the ships are and anticipate them coming into shot.

Joanie

I have left it there for over an hour and nothing changes. I have tried it at different times of the day.

Internet Explorer on my computer is so slow it is unusable (Windows XP). I have tried Firefox and that wasn't much better. I have found the best is Google Chrome.

The webcam used to work but they have made changes and since then I cannot get it.

Carol,

I had the same issue. I use Chrome as well. I emailed Lou, and he suggested I delete all my cookies (clear old browsing history) that worked for me. I hope it works for you.

Thank you!

Hi Shelly, it's mostly about the Sail aways, the ships usually come into port in the morning around 6:00am...(too early for me, I've never seen them come in) And the ships usually embark around 4:00-5:00 pm. Some days there aren't any ships leaving and some days there are as many at 7-8 ships, it's so much fun to watch people sail away and wave.

Thank you!

Hi Shelly!!

Welcome to your new addiction!!!:D

If you open up 2 new tabs in your browser (Internet explorer has the larger initial view than Mozilla Forefox for some unknown reason) and then put this first link in one of the open tabs: http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/index.html This is our original view which is shot from the Condos on the North side of the Inlet and has the sound of the Harbor Master and various other ship traffic talk (which is one of the things that has me so addicted!!)

In the 2nd tab put in this link: http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ which is the web cam view from the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 (sorry if I have the name wrong y'all) which is able to pan from North of the 17th Street Causeway all the way out to sea to the East. IT IS AMAZING!!!!

There is also a Port Fever.com Web Cam that I THINK is also run by the wonderful folks at Port Everglades.com, but am not 100% positive. Their link is: http://portfever.com/

Joanie

Hi Shelly!!

Welcome to your new addiction!!!:D

If you open up 2 new tabs in your browser (Internet explorer has the larger initial view than Mozilla Forefox for some unknown reason) and then put this first link in one of the open tabs: http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/index.html This is our original view which is shot from the Condos on the North side of the Inlet and has the sound of the Harbor Master and various other ship traffic talk (which is one of the things that has me so addicted!!)

In the 2nd tab put in this link: http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ which is the web cam view from the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 (sorry if I have the name wrong y'all) which is able to pan from North of the 17th Street Causeway all the way out to sea to the East. IT IS AMAZING!!!!

There is also a Port Fever.com Web Cam that I THINK is also run by the wonderful folks at Port Everglades.com, but am not 100% positive. Their link is: http://portfever.com/

Joanie

Hello Webcam Fans,

So glad you are enjoying our new Ft Lauderdale Webcam . It is indeed brought to you by the same people behind the Port Everglades Webcam and Port Fever.

Here are a few suggestions and recommendations...

1. Do use the 2-in-1 Previewer to monitor multiple cams and to listen to the VHF Marine Radio audio feed. You can click on the video windows in the previewer and the main sites with large video will appear in a separate browser window/tab.

2. Please don't routinely open both sites in separate tabs. You can't watch the video in two separate tabs but it will be playing and wasting bandwidth/connections. We don't want to put artificial limiters on your ability to enjoy our sites but might have to if visitors follow this method.

3. Do "channel surf" back and forth between the Ft Lauderdale Webcam and the Port Everglades Webcam on the Ft Lauderdale Webcam site. If you hover your mouse over the lower left-hand corner of the video window, you will find forward and backwards channel buttons... >| and |< . There are also yellow text links that do the same thing. Similar functionality will be coming to the Port Everglades Webcam site in the next few weeks.

4. Why have two sites? Ans: PortEvergladesWebcam.com will always have a view of the Port but FtLauderdaleWebcam.com will also have views elsewhere around the city.

We want you to be able to enjoy both webcams and the two different views in the easiest and most efficient manner.

Have fun!

Regards,

David.

Hello Webcam Fans,

So glad you are enjoying our new Ft Lauderdale Webcam . It is indeed brought to you by the same people behind the Port Everglades Webcam and Port Fever.

Here are a few suggestions and recommendations...

1. Do use the 2-in-1 Previewer to monitor multiple cams and to listen to the VHF Marine Radio audio feed. You can click on the video windows in the previewer and the main sites with large video will appear in a separate browser window/tab.

2. Please don't routinely open both sites in separate tabs. You can't watch the video in two separate tabs but it will be playing and wasting bandwidth/connections. We don't want to put artificial limiters on your ability to enjoy our sites but might have to if visitors follow this method.

3. Do "channel surf" back and forth between the Ft Lauderdale Webcam and the Port Everglades Webcam on the Ft Lauderdale Webcam site. If you hover your mouse over the lower left-hand corner of the video window, you will find forward and backwards channel buttons... >| and |< . There are also yellow text links that do the same thing. Similar functionality will be coming to the Port Everglades Webcam site in the next few weeks.

4. Why have two sites? Ans: PortEvergladesWebcam.com will always have a view of the Port but FtLauderdaleWebcam.com will also have views elsewhere around the city.

We want you to be able to enjoy both webcams and the two different views in the easiest and most efficient manner.

Have fun!

Regards,

David.

Sorry for the bad info there David!! I have turned on the 2 in 1 and closed one tab. I will not suggest what I did again, now that you've explained the situation:)

Joanie

Can't figure out which one I like best....just watched The Liberty of The Seas sail away. I like the new Ft. Lauderdale cam as well....decisions, decisions?

LOL LOL I KNOW!!! It was so hard trying to decide which I liked best.............. Kept switching back and forth between the 2 views............. Sheesh David and Lou.... You realize that you have gotten so many of us addicted and now to have to make a decision of which is better is going to be impossible:eek::D

I think for our favorite HAL ships the PEG works best for me for close ups and the new Web Cam from Hyatt Regency works best for the Long Shots with sound to see the full effects of just how big those ships are as they sail away, for ships not quite as dear to us as the HAL ships:)

God Bless everyone at Port Everglades and Port Fever for providing us with a FIX!!!:D:D

Joanie

Oh you guys are good!!!! Okay, I'll take the bait and start watching! Of course, I'm particularly interested in seeing the Eurodam sail in (or out!). DBF and I sail on her in March (our first HAL cruise...yay for us!!!)

Thanks for the tips all and Joanie...you rock! Is there anything about cruising you DON'T know? On a side note, read the thread about your recent scare and was happy to hear you're so much better! Happy trails and sails!

Shelley

Oh you guys are good!!!! Okay, I'll take the bait and start watching! Of course, I'm particularly interested in seeing the Eurodam sail in (or out!). DBF and I sail on her in March (our first HAL cruise...yay for us!!!)

Thanks for the tips all and Joanie...you rock! Is there anything about cruising you DON'T know? On a side note, read the thread about your recent scare and was happy to hear you're so much better! Happy trails and sails!

Shelley

Oh oh....I sense another addicted web cam viewer :D:D

Shelly....also have a look at the thread always titled Your Fleet Locations....with the date. Luvtwotrvl so kindly keeps track of the fleet and what port they are in, so you can track when your favorite ship is in Ft. Lauderale

Archived