Something to add to our addiction

josie724

Thanks Josie. I promise I will not start a reminder for this link...I promise I will not..........:D

However, has been added to favorites.;)

Since you're a real sweetie, you could even post both URLs every time you start a "Happy Hour" thread! :D

Wouldn't that be fun!

Just think, Thursday you can watch the Princess ship limp back two days early with an outbreak of noro on board!

Only 3% of the passengers are ill but by the time they get here tomorrow that number could rise. Well for those that were on it, Princess is giving them a full refund, hotel accomodations and flights home as well as a 25% discount on a future cruise.......but of course that is on a different thread so lets get back to the addiction we all suffer from.;)

For the last few weeks I have been unable to view the Port Everglades webcam. Now I can't see this one either.

It's just not fair. Looks like we will have to emigrate to US so I can see these.

When I used to see the port webcam, it was great because of the time difference.

I could watch the ships arriving at about 10-11am our time and then departure at about 10-11pm.

Now nothing :(

The views from my favorite pre cruise hotel, the Pier 66. Thanks Josie724 for the link!:)

:D ME, TOO.......

I love being able to see Hyatt Pier 66 Marina......and those beautiful yachts. Can even see Pelican restaurant...

This is a great link.

Thanks, Josie. Love it. :)

For the last few weeks I have been unable to view the Port Everglades webcam. Now I can't see this one either.

It's just not fair. Looks like we will have to emigrate to US so I can see these.

When I used to see the port webcam, it was great because of the time difference.

I could watch the ships arriving at about 10-11am our time and then departure at about 10-11pm.

Now nothing :(

Carol what message are you getting that will not allow you to see the web cams??

Surely one of us can help fix the problem??? If it is a technical problem....

Joanie

Just maybe we will be able to watch the Famous Fort Lauderdale Christmas Boat Parade next year??;)

I love watching the parade and what a great idea maybe we can see it on this web cam. I googled this year and got lucky to find a link and watched it.

I'm not getting any sound. Is anyone else getting sound?

I love watching the parade and what a great idea maybe we can see it on this web cam. I googled this year and got lucky to find a link and watched it.

I'm not getting any sound. Is anyone else getting sound?

This camera does not have sound Judy. If you notice at the bottom of the live shot it does not have the Sound On or Sound Off label.

Just has Fort Lauderdale Cam on the left, in the middle says HDTV (my channel says 2) and on the right it says Port Everglades Cam.

I have the Port Everglades Cam opened in another Tab and have the sound on it so it works well for me:)

God this is even more addicting than Port Everglades was before, and we all were/are addicted to it:)

Joanie

This camera does not have sound Judy. If you notice at the bottom of the live shot it does not have the Sound On or Sound Off label.

Just has Fort Lauderdale Cam on the left, in the middle says HDTV (my channel says 2) and on the right it says Port Everglades Cam.

I have the Port Everglades Cam opened in another Tab and have the sound on it so it works well for me:)

God this is even more addicting than Port Everglades was before, and we all were/are addicted to it:)

Joanie

Thanks.

So here's an image........

The room (s) we normally have at Hyatt Pier 66 always face to Port Everglades. It's free WiFi so I can sit on the balcony, look at Port Everglades and set my netbook to the view of Pier 66 Marina and see both at the same time. :D :)

This really is getting to be a serious illness !!!! :eek:

Thanks.

So here's an image........

The room (s) we normally have at Hyatt Pier 66 always face to Port Everglades. It's free WiFi so I can sit on the balcony, look at Port Everglades and set my netbook to the view of Pier 66 Marina and see both at the same time. :D :)

This really is getting to be a serious illness !!!! :eek:

]

LOL Sail.....I tried to get my netbook to work at sailaway, I wanted to watch myself. :D:D

Joanie

I asked on their Facebook page if this site would include sound. Lou & Dave indicated that at this time only the 2-in-One Pop-Up at the bottom of the screen would allow for sound.

This of course can be accomplished by opening http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com in a separate tabbed browsing session as Joanie suggested.

I look forward to seeing those massive weekend sail-aways from this dual perspective!

Bruce

I asked on their Facebook page if this site would include sound. Lou & Dave indicated that at this time only the 2-in-One Pop-Up at the bottom of the screen would allow for sound.

This of course can be accomplished by opening http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com in a separate tabbed browsing session as Joanie suggested.

I look forward to seeing those massive weekend sail-aways from this dual perspective!

Bruce

You can see a 2 in 1 preview of both PE and Pier 66 Webcams by scrolling to the bottom of the Ft. Lauderale Webcam site and clicking on the 2 in 1 cam preview link.

Carol what message are you getting that will not allow you to see the web cams??

Surely one of us can help fix the problem??? If it is a technical problem....

Joanie

I get the OFFLINE message. It then says

"If you see this message, our service may be temporarily unavailable at your location. Please try later"

I keep trying but have not been able to see it for a while.

I use Google Chrome. It used to work but does not now.

I have contacted Lou and David. David replied that the problem has been fixed and should work but for me it does not.

Like all of you, I was addicted to watching. Now it is like being an alcoholic and the shops have no booze :o :eek:

I get the OFFLINE message. It then says

"If you see this message, our service may be temporarily unavailable at your location. Please try later"

I keep trying but have not been able to see it for a while.

I use Google Chrome. It used to work but does not now.

I have contacted Lou and David. David replied that the problem has been fixed and should work but for me it does not.

Like all of you, I was addicted to watching. Now it is like being an alcoholic and the shops have no booze :o :eek:

Carol how long have you waited after getting the Off Line Message?? I know that with both my Forefox and Internet Explorer I get the message for a moment or 2 until the stream is fully loaded and then it comes in.

With Google Chrome I had nothing but problems so decided the best bet was to get rid of it completely.

I have a fairy new computer, less than 3 months old, running Vista 7 professional with 64 bits (have a program that also has XP running, so am able to run all 32 bit programs)

About the only other problem I did have when I got the new system was that I had to reinstall several times the program that allowed me to view the Web Cams on Internet Explorer, but had no problems with Mozilla Firefox.

Can you try and Install Firefox and see if that helps??

Joanie

Archived