Anytime dining for a group

Cruzin' Daddy

Folks,

As of this moment, there is a group of 7 of us going on the Elation in May. Our little group may increase to 9 people before we sail. My question is, will it be difficult to get a table for all of us to sit together at dinner time under the Anytime Dining option? Also, will we be able to request a table for just us?

--Cruzin' Daddy--

Folks' date='

As of this moment, there is a group of 7 of us going on the Elation in May. Our little group may increase to 9 people before we sail. My question is, will it be difficult to get a table for all of us to sit together at dinner time under the Anytime Dining option? Also, will we be able to request a table for just us?

--Cruzin' Daddy--[/quote']

You can request a table just for your group. The more in the group, often the longer you might have to wait, than if you were a party of 2 or 4 willing to sit with others at any size table. ken

You can request a table just for your group. The more in the group, often the longer you might have to wait, than if you were a party of 2 or 4 willing to sit with others at any size table. ken

Ken, as usual, thanks for your excellent advice!

--Cruzin' Daddy--

At this point, it is also highly likely then any additional people you add to the group might not be able to get anytime dining (wait listed).

Dang, I just booked my mom yesterday and received anytime (confirmed). It is wait listed already?

Folks' date='

Just got off the Freedom with a group of 6. At times it was difficult. We always had a wait (which is to be expected...we weren't upset). We would be given a beeper...never had to wait more than 20-25 minutes at the most.

One night they told us we could be seated quicker if we added ourselves to another already large group of 5 :confused:

We found that odd, but agreed...figured it would be nice to have other people to meet/talk with.

We got to the table and it was set for 10...so we had to squeeze the extra person in...

Odd, but it was OK...

To be honest, service was REALLY slow. Dinners were taking at least 2 hours and service was spotty.

I love being able to get to the dining room on my own schedule and not have to eat at a certain time, but for the next CCL cruise, I am sticking with traditional dining. I didn't like ATD when it was just two of us cruising and I thought it would be better with a group.

It wasn't.

Many people do enjoy it though. I hope you are one of them.

Well, after giving it some thought and taking y'all's comments into consideration, I changed from Anytime to the early seating (confirmed). Included in my group are three children (6, 4, and 1). Waiting around 20-30 minutes will be tough with the 1 year old. I like the traditional dining option for the luxury of just walking in and going right to your table. Plus, once our wait team realize we are dining with young children, there will already be a high chair and coloring books on our table starting on day 2.

Thanks!

--Cruzin' Daddy--

We did YTD with a group of 9 (Fascination) and again with a group of 6 (Glory). With the group of 9, we never had to wait more than a few minutes at the podium. We were seated at one big table (usually a round one). We went at varying times during the 5 day cruise (only went to MDR 4 nights). It worked out nicely. When we were a party of 6 and on the Glory (5 night cruise), we had a wait on 2 nights...elegant night for 75 minutes (we went at 6:45)...we were given a pager and waited in the atrium lobby. The next night, we went around 7:00 and had a 10-15 minute wait as well. After that, we went between 5:45-6:15 (like we did on the 1st night) and never had another wait. The Glory is a bigger and more crowded ship than the Fascination, so that plays a part (I think). And your Elation is like the Fascination (Fantasy Class). You should be fine. We also noticed that 7:45-on is another good time to go (seems like 6:30-7:45 is the most popular time...I'd suggest going before or after...and if you go right at 5:45-6:00-ish, you may get a table by the window).

Well' date=' after giving it some thought and taking y'all's comments into consideration, I changed from Anytime to the early seating (confirmed). Included in my group are three children (6, 4, and 1). Waiting around 20-30 minutes will be tough with the 1 year old. I like the traditional dining option for the luxury of just walking in and going right to your table. Plus, once our wait team realize we are dining with young children, there will already be a high chair and coloring books on our table starting on day 2.

Thanks!

Just saw this...probably a good idea. I have YTD for my mom and I on our April cruise on the Pride, but I keep debating if I should switch it to traditional. We also noticed some of the things Halos mentioned...slow, shotty service (like getting 1 drink and no refills or no bar waiter at all...taking most of the meal to bring the chocolate milk for the kids...not getting sour cream or sauce for prime rib night or other things we asked for...not taking our orders for 20 minutes or so...taking forever to take dessert order...not havind enough silverwear...etc). This is my mom's 1st Carnival cruise and she is leary already. I think I am going to switch.

Just returned from B2B on Legend (Early Seating) and Ecstasy (Your Time). With a group, especially if their are children, I would highly recommend traditional. The service and timing factors far outweigh the flexibility factor in my opinion. Your waitteam will get to know the children and usually make them feel very special. Either option "could" work out just fine but the chances of having a bad experience for you is much higher with "your time".

Well' date=' after giving it some thought and taking y'all's comments into consideration, I changed from Anytime to the early seating (confirmed). Included in my group are three children (6, 4, and 1). Waiting around 20-30 minutes will be tough with the 1 year old. I like the traditional dining option for the luxury of just walking in and going right to your table. Plus, once our wait team realize we are dining with young children, there will already be a high chair and coloring books on our table starting on day 2.

Thanks!

Very unwise decision. Much better service with any time and if you go early there are rarely any waits even for a large group.

Very unwise decision. Much better service with any time and if you go early there are rarely any waits even for a large group.

Nah, I think it is a very wise decision. I am not willing to have to wait for an extended period of time with a high energy 1 year old. There is nothing like getting to just walk into the restaurant and just take our seats. I like having coloring books and colors already waiting on the table when we get there. Plus, I like getting to know our waiters on a more one-on-one level. To this day, I still keep in contact with my assistant waiter, from my last cruise, on Facebook.

We haven't cruised for over three years. My extended family is coming along for the ride. I look forward to a nice evening around the dinner table talking about the day's activities.

Archived