One for the Ladies!

jakes47

To our Oceania experts.

With our departure now 2 months away I had a little look through my wardrobe yesterday and have decided I need to do some clothes shopping.

We will be away 5 weeks in total with 20 nights on the Marina. We are allowed 2 suitcases with a total of 46kg (102lbs) between my husband and I on our flights so I am going to have to be selective in what I take.

Day clothes will be fine – I have plenty to chose from but evening wears - I am thinking of just a couple of pairs of dress/evening trousers (I am not a skirt or dress girl) to mix and match up with 4-5 dress tops/shirts– plus accessories.

Am I on the right track?

I’m very excited about this cruise – can you tell?:D

Bev

You'll be fine, Bev. I way overpacked last year for our Marina cruise. You'll have easy access for doing laundry, and when they say country club casual for the dress code, they mean it.

You will love Marina! Have a great time. :)

We take 1 -26" rolling suitcase each usually 30-35 lbs max

1 carry-on between us with electronics, jewelry & meds

i do not mind doing laundry if I do not have to juggle extra cases

I cross pack just in case my luggage may take a separate vacation ;)

So far that has worked for cruises up to 36 days

To our Oceania experts.

With our departure now 2 months away I had a little look through my wardrobe yesterday and have decided I need to do some clothes shopping.

We will be away 5 weeks in total with 20 nights on the Marina. We are allowed 2 suitcases with a total of 46kg (102lbs) between my husband and I on our flights so I am going to have to be selective in what I take.

Day clothes will be fine – I have plenty to chose from but evening wears - I am thinking of just a couple of pairs of dress/evening trousers (I am not a skirt or dress girl) to mix and match up with 4-5 dress tops/shirts– plus accessories.

Am I on the right track?

Bev

Bev -- You are exactly right for the GDR and the specialty restaurants. For the Terrace Restaurant, you can go more casual (like daytime wear).

Have a great time on your holiday!

Billie

We take 1 -26" rolling suitcase each usually 30-35 lbs max

1 carry-on between us with electronics, jewelry & meds

i do not mind doing laundry if I do not have to juggle extra cases

I cross pack just in case my luggage may take a separate vacation ;)

So far that has worked for cruises up to 36 days

You are gods/goddesses! Would that I could..................

To our Oceania experts.

Am I on the right track?

Bev

Hi Bev

It can sometimes be quite chilly in the dining venues - I always take a casual jacket, knitwear or pashmina.

Have a great time.

Thanks "ladies" ! LOL

I think packing is going to be a challenge. I don't mind doing laundry if I really have to - but will have to slot that into my itinerary some where.

I feel like a child waiting for Christmas!:)

Bev, we are just shy of 8 months until we board the Riviera and I find myself mentally running through my wardrobe almost daily! More worried about my other half who is a VERY casual guy and doesn't work in an office atmosphere...there will definitely be some shopping in our future! I ALWAYS overpack and I'm bound and determined to "do better" this time...now if only the weather wasn't so iffy in October!

Bev, we are just shy of 8 months until we board the Riviera and I find myself mentally running through my wardrobe almost daily! More worried about my other half who is a VERY casual guy and doesn't work in an office atmosphere...there will definitely be some shopping in our future! I ALWAYS overpack and I'm bound and determined to "do better" this time...now if only the weather wasn't so iffy in October!

FlipperRae - I can relate to your other half - I have one of those too.:D I find it easier to just surprise him with a few items of clothing from time to time.

With my clothes - I think the idea is to mix and match and take clothing that I can dress up or down to the occasion. I don’t want to waste space in our suitcases with clothes I wont wear - I would rather fill that space with the shopping I will be doing while away.

I haven’t been to Europe in October but can imagine it could be a bit cool at times – so light layers would be my advise.

More worried about my other half who is a VERY casual guy and doesn't work in an office atmosphere...there will definitely be some shopping in our future!

Dockers & Polo shirt for dinner will do fine

DH has a couple of dress pants & SS shirts he wears & it works fine on Oceania

Some men will wear blazers or suits but neither are required that is why we sail on O

Just enjoy

Lyn

No matter how long we are going to be away, we pack for 8 days. As said above, laundry is easy, however, I always let Oceania do my laundry - it is my vacation, too. I figure it costs about the same as a bottle of wine and they do a beautiful job. No one is looking to see how many times you wear something.

No matter how long we are going to be away, we pack for 8 days. As said above, laundry is easy, however, I always let Oceania do my laundry - it is my vacation, too. I figure it costs about the same as a bottle of wine and they do a beautiful job. No one is looking to see how many times you wear something.

Well put! We always travel with one 24" case and a carry-on each. Travel for 5-6 weeks at a time and have never been turned away anywhere for wearing the same thing as before.:D

Archived