London Apartment in Sept

rugbypopsie

Hoping you can help...we need a two bedroom London apartment for 3 nights after narrow boating in Wales and before flying to Instanbul for a cruise. Worried about scams on the net and want to deal with a reputable firm..any suggestions..it needs to be in Central London so we can get to Buckingham Palace before 10 for a tour the next day. We can get to good hotel rooms for $200 AUD per night so are willing to pay around $400 AUD per night.

We have found many apartments have a min. # of nights required and so might limit your choice...also can be a hefty deposit/security fee involved...A hotel might work out best...Good luck and enjoy London !!

We have found many apartments have a min. # of nights required and so might limit your choice...also can be a hefty deposit/security fee involved...A hotel might work out best...Good luck and enjoy London !!

Yes after much searching I gave up on the apartment I have managed to get bookings at the Hilton in Kensington at a very good price...I guess I'll use what I saved to get the hotel to do the laundry unless I can locate a laundromat near by.:)

Have stayed at Citadines and they are fine but have also stayed here :-www.dolphinsquare.co.uk and these are gorgeous.

Word of warning, for some reason Citadines have almost doubled their apartmet rates in 2012 in London, not just over the Olympic period.

Yes Bob that is why we are coming...we had to fly to Istanbul for the Med cruise so decided to combine two things on our bucket list...

We have a week so I am told that we only need to motor 3 hours a day which will leave plenty of time for sightseeing along the way...suggestions of interesting towns near the canal or good pubs would be welcome.

Sue

I don't know if you're still interested in an apartment, but in late October, we stayed at Johnny's Place in Kennington (not Kensington). It was a lovely two bedroom (plus a small bedroom for children) apartment on two levels. Johnny is a wonderful host, going out of his way to please, and the apartment was located in a quiet residential area, just a block from the bus or tube station. We enjoyed our stay and found it very convenient. You'll find it listed on Trip Advisor or Flipkey, or do a Google search.

Mary

Yes Bob that is why we are coming...we had to fly to Istanbul for the Med cruise so decided to combine two things on our bucket list...

We have a week so I am told that we only need to motor 3 hours a day which will leave plenty of time for sightseeing along the way...suggestions of interesting towns near the canal or good pubs would be welcome.

Sue

Its been a while since we were there and I suggest that you simply as anyone you meet. Llangollen itself is well worth the walk (or take the horse-drawn boat trip) from the aqueduct. There are some good Youtube videos if you want to see.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chq9JH0mUP8&feature=related

Archived