Repeat calls from NCL Personal Cruise Consultant

sns1009

This thread has made me realize I am not crazy!!! I was searching and shopping one day on NCL.com. I went through the motions of "booking" to see costs, etc. Within five minutes of signing off - I got a call! I ended up booking as I had my questions answered that prevented me from booking in the first place. But it is apparent, they have their "spy" gizmo on. So how do I get them to turn it off? Is there something I can do - delete cookies or whatever? I want to be free to "look" and not be spied on. Thanks.

I've never had my PCC call me when I was doing a fake booking. I do them every few days just to check various cruises. Those of you that get these calls, are you logged on to the site when you do your fake bookings. I never actually log on until I want to do something for sure. Then, that is usually just to check on my reservation or book restaurants or shore excursions. I always call my PCC directly when I want to book.

Occasionally my PCC has called me, I figure it is when she is either slow or she is trying to meet a quota or working toward some kind of sales incentive. She tells me of a deal she has run across that I might like or tells me the current price on something I told her I was thinking about. She is never annoying and I don't mind the occasional call.

Yup, a few weeks ago we went through the "process" of booking on the Carnival site. We're not ready to book yet... we just wanted to see the full price etc.... the damn CCL guy calls like 2 times a day!! I always miss him because I'm at work.

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Sun. I will post a review soon!

Two days after we returned I started receiving 2 phone calls a day from a NCL Personal Cruise Consultant plus e-mails. We put a deposit down for our next cruise but aren’t ready to book it yet. I have answered the phone a few times when he calls and tried to politely tell him I’m not ready to book and when I am I’ll call him but the calls don’t stop. I hate to be rude but this is a bit much!

Do they do this after every cruise?

I've gotten on the list of one that's a little more aggresive but that's why I have caller ID.

I've been researching 2 different cruise lines, Carnival and NCL, for the cruise we want to take from Tampa in March 2013. I have both my PVP from Carnival and PCC from NCL calling and emailing me. Too bad they won't have a bidding war for best price!

I did book the NCL cruise with an internet TA due to price and OBC, so I guess both of them are mad at me.

Yup, a few weeks ago we went through the "process" of booking on the Carnival site. We're not ready to book yet... we just wanted to see the full price etc.... the damn CCL guy calls like 2 times a day!! I always miss him because I'm at work.

Carnival used to call me every time I went on their site, even without logging in. I think once you log in, they take your IP or mac address so even without logging in they know who you are. The fellow that used to call me was very nice, we actually had some interesting conversations about cruising and life in general. I basically told him that we are pretty much set with NCL now, and that I would call him if we were ever in the market again for a CCL cruise. Hasn't called me since. Have never got a call from NCL, maybe because we book through CAS.

I use to get calls/emails from Carnival until he called me when I was on board the Gem. When he asked if I was interested in booking a cruise I told him that I already booked one and will be sailing out of NYC in about 2 hours. Never head from him again. I guess he finally got the hint that if I wanted to book a Carnival cruise I would contact him.

I was trying to book a group through a PCC (my mistake). Not only did he keep trying to sell the most expensive rooms to the group, he did nothing to get the pricing down...one of my people told me that she picked a room and he told her it was a terrible room and sold her one several hundred dollars more pp....

Needless to say, I contacted a TA who seems is working in the best interest of our group...although I took the bookings away from him, he continues to email a couple times a week...

Why use any cruise lines PCC? I have several online companies that I use and have TAs with both of them. When I get ready to book a cruise I contact both companies and whichever TA responds promptly and gives me the best deal is the one I book with. Right now it is one certain company and one certain TA who is doing the best job - I have 3 booked with her. I fake booke at NCL all the time, but they don't bother me at all.

I've only gotten a few calls from PCP's, on any line, but they have never had any deals even close to what I get from other agencies. I usually tell them the price I'm looking at, or have already booked, and they either sound shocked or completely disinterested in even trying to beat or at least come close to the price.

You'd think they'd have the best deals available, but apparently not. I've decided it's more for people who want someone else to do all the booking work and don't really care about a few hundred dollars.

I have found really good deals on a cruise lines web site on my own, though.

Archived