Repeat calls from NCL Personal Cruise Consultant

sns1009

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Sun. I will post a review soon!

Two days after we returned I started receiving 2 phone calls a day from a NCL Personal Cruise Consultant plus e-mails. We put a deposit down for our next cruise but aren’t ready to book it yet. I have answered the phone a few times when he calls and tried to politely tell him I’m not ready to book and when I am I’ll call him but the calls don’t stop. I hate to be rude but this is a bit much!

Do they do this after every cruise?

I've gotten repeated calls from them if I call in about a cruise. I've even had someone call me minutes after booking a cruise to see if I interested in booking. I hadn't even spoken with him. You'd of thought we were long time friends. It happens frequently. I don't mind the follow up. I expect it. They do call several times a day if the phone is not answered.

We too get quite a few phone calls. She also sent us a magnet in the mail. The problem, when we were making our reservation for this year I questioned her about the SJ suites on the Star. She informed us that they are not really a suite, and get no suite benefits. When I told her this was not true, she got a little nasty. She wanted to sell us an AB Penthouse, but we really wanted to try the new suites. I feel as if we know more about the ship than she did!!

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Sun. I will post a review soon!

Two days after we returned I started receiving 2 phone calls a day from a NCL Personal Cruise Consultant plus e-mails. We put a deposit down for our next cruise but aren’t ready to book it yet. I have answered the phone a few times when he calls and tried to politely tell him I’m not ready to book and when I am I’ll call him but the calls don’t stop. I hate to be rude but this is a bit much!

Do they do this after every cruise?

We have taken 5 cruises with NCL and have never had this happen after any cruise. I would be persistent with them and if need be, call NCL yourself and tell them that when you are ready to book your next cruise you will be in touch.

I'll do you one better.

I don't even give my PCC a chance to call. I call her within a few days after our arrival to use my newly purchase Cruise Reward. :D

As for sometimes feeling like you know more than a PCC, my PCC called me one day to give me some great news. I said to her "The Pearl isn't coming to NYC anymore...Jewel will come back to NYC after Alaska."

She said, "Oh man! How did you know?"

Ive only done one NCL cruise and have another scheduled for April. After the next trip we will be at latitudes Silver level... we dont have a PCC yet and that's just fine with me!

Here comes the question, if I don't have a PCC and if people on CC.com have and use a knowledgeable/helpful PCC, can I call that PCC and make him/her my PCC?

We want to book 3/2013 soon and a PCC may be a plus

sometimes when I log into my ncl.com Ill receive a phone call .. I guess when you log in a alarm goes off..

This feature can be turned off. My PCC said he got a notice when I logged in and after I told him it was creepy he said that it could be set to "off.". Now if I want contact I can e-mail or call him, or if there is something I need to tend to he sends me an e-mail...

This thread has made me realize I am not crazy!!! I was searching and shopping one day on NCL.com. I went through the motions of "booking" to see costs, etc. Within five minutes of signing off - I got a call! I ended up booking as I had my questions answered that prevented me from booking in the first place. But it is apparent, they have their "spy" gizmo on. So how do I get them to turn it off? Is there something I can do - delete cookies or whatever? I want to be free to "look" and not be spied on. Thanks.

sometimes when I log into my ncl.com Ill receive a phone call .. I guess when you log in a alarm goes off..

This happened to me last week. And I have never had a PPC with Norwegian, I'd just been checking their site for prices.

We talked some about a certain cruise we have been interested in, but when I mentioned that a TA had the same price with $175 OBC offered, he didn't stay on the phone much longer.

I don't mind getting a call now and then, especially if they have a great deal, but repeated calls would just annoy me and turn me off.

Is there any advantage with booking through the PCC over just booking yourself online through NCL's website?

You can only input one promo code on the website at a time so if you are using multiple promos (AMEX, Latitude, AARP, Military etc) you need to call so they can get the best price for you. (You can only combine some of them)They may know a promo that you haven't heard about also.

You can only input one promo code on the website at a time so if you are using multiple promos (AMEX, Latitude, AARP, Military etc) you need to call so they can get the best price for you. (You can only combine some of them)They may know a promo that you haven't heard about also.

All of the promo codes quit working for me a few weeks ago. Are they still working online for you??? Can't figure out why they stopped.

I do remember when we were first considering a cruise with NCL, we would get the phone calls.

Now, it's been several years later, we've booked our cruise by calling the 1-800 number. I even called back to modify it to a suite. I've logged in many, many times. I check pricing ALL the time. We've received no calls at all this time. Not a one.

All of the promo codes quit working for me a few weeks ago. Are they still working online for you??? Can't figure out why they stopped.

PGAXOC still works for my Bermuda cruise. I tried PGOBC on my Dec cruise and it said the code wasn't available but still added the $300 OBC since the cruise is more than 9 months out. I haven't tried any others.

It sounds like the PCCs are not all cut from the same cloth - this leads me to think that they are not all in the same location (call center) or given the same training or even have the same objectives.

You have to view things from their point of view, they are there to sell you on a cruise. Like car salesmen there are good ones and bad ones - high pressure, low pressure, consultive etc. Most sales people work off commissions and will do almost anything to get one more booking. I have worked a bit in sales and prefer to be called a consultant - but my bosses set a metric of customer touches/week - they just looked at the tally total - not who was being called. I don't know how these PCC are being compensated or measured - but both of these things play into how they behave. I know it is not right, but that is the life (and death) of a salesman (person).

You have already taken the first step by visiting the website - and yes there are entire companies that make their money developing software to track a website's activities - AKA web analytics- so expect more calls like this.

This thread has made me realize I am not crazy!!! I was searching and shopping one day on NCL.com. I went through the motions of "booking" to see costs, etc. Within five minutes of signing off - I got a call! I ended up booking as I had my questions answered that prevented me from booking in the first place. But it is apparent, they have their "spy" gizmo on. So how do I get them to turn it off? Is there something I can do - delete cookies or whatever? I want to be free to "look" and not be spied on. Thanks.

You verbally tell them to turn it off....

• 1 month later...

I was getting the calls too even after booking through the 1-800#...i called back a few days later (they came out with a better promotion lol) and mentioned to the woman helping me how pushy my so called PCC was as well as how often she was calling. She asked me her extension # and i've never gotten another call from the PCC since.

I'm all for someone helping me since i had numerous questions being new to NCL but she was a little too much for my liking. She left me voicemails like we knew each other even though i had never spoken to her, after her calling me numerous times (bad times mostly) i spoke with her and asked her the questions i had. She was semi-helpful and most of replies included the phrases "you can always cancel" "the free upgrade is ending soon" "you can always get your deposit back" etc i was very turned off. I booked through the 1-800# a few days later and am very much looking foward to our cruise on the Epic next Jan and trying NCL for the first time :D

Archived