You Know You Need A Cruise When...

Lemanja'

(only true examples allowed)!

1. You are in your office for the twelfth hour on the twelfth consecutive day and your colleague in the next office over shows up...and you say, "Hey, what are you doing home?"

2. You are home and you can not understand why your phone calls are not connecting...until you realize that you are dialing 9 first in order to get an outside line...

3. You wear your Caribbean blouse underneath your suit...

4. Your colleagues and clients return from THEIR vacation and they ask YOU what cruise you went on this time, and you answer, "I didn't," and they are shocked.

5. The Information Technology (IT) Director stops by your office and asks, "Hey, what is cruisecritic?"

So cruisecritics, what happens to you in the non-cyber world that verifies you need a cruise?

Lemanja' icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Oh, when my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio...de Janeiro!"

When you sleep in your closet because it reminds you of an inside stateroom.

When you tape off half of your shower because that's way more space than you had in the shower on the ship.

When your wife brings you a beer, you hand her your ID so that she can put the beer on your account.

When someone breaks into your house you think it's only the steward coming in to straighten up.

When you wrap your cat with a cloth 'till it becomes a mummy because you miss the towel animals you found in your stateroom.

When you refer to eating in your home dining room as "going to the buffet"

When going shopping is referred to as an excursion.

When you say you want a "bahama mama" and don't mean that hot caribbean chick that lives next door

AND IF YOU DON'T THINK THESE ARE TRUE EXAMPLES, YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW ME icon_wink.gif

-Monte

some of my cruising photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/m1bisson

A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.

The worst cruise I ever took was pretty damned good.

Platinum with RCI, a couple cruises with NCL and 1 with CCL

Clock remove but cruise in Dec

[This message was edited by mbisson on 05-20-04 at 09:56 PM.]

[This message was edited by mbisson on 05-20-04 at 10:05 PM.]

That's just like throwing the towels on the floor of the bathroom when you are done showering only to return the next day to find them still lying there.

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 3/00

RCCL Explorer of the Seas 4/01

Carnival Sensation 12/01 with Rusty Wallace

Celebrity Summit 12/02

Celebrity Horizon 9/03(Mom never told me that Bermuda looks like Canada)

NCL Dawn 7/04

Lemanja-

Thanks for starting such a fun post- things have been getting way too negative on this board!

I'm just glad I'm not the only oddball around- I identify with way too many of these things! icon_cool.gif

Karen

Carnival Inspiration-So Carib

RCCL Grandeur of the Seas-East Carib

NCL Sun-West Carib

Dawn Princess-Mexican Riviera

up next- NCL Star to Mexico!

You know it's time for a cruise when...

On a Saturday night, your favorite Star waiter calls from San Francisco just to say "hi, how are you doing"?

True story, it just happened this past Saturday!

AND

You are at work and ALL day long your Cruise Critic ID shows as being logged in to the Boards!

AND

You find comfort at reading other peoples Roll Calls, even though you know your next cruise is a year away.

When you are constantly updating your cruise packing list to make sure you won’t forget your new clothes… and trying all the mix-and-match to make sure it is a good item to bring along.

Ccan you imagin,, I spent about half a day during WINTER (Quebec winter is very cold) trying bathing suits, sun hats, sandals and other summer items to make sure I would have enough clothes… and I don’t even have a cruise booked!!! I hope nobody was watching me through the windows, they would think I am getting crazy (in fact, I think cruising MAKES me become crazy… but I like this type of craziness).

icon_smile.gif

NCL Dawn, December 2003

You go online everyday to

www.virtualtoursusa.com/norwegiandawn.htm and imagine yourself in all the pictures.

OR

Your 3 1/2 year old son asks daily when are we going back to his "big boat" to see Wilfred (he was the Butler on our last cruise).

The sad part is both of these are 100% true!!

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 3/00

RCCL Explorer of the Seas 4/01

Carnival Sensation 12/01 with Rusty Wallace

Celebrity Summit 12/02

Celebrity Horizon 9/03(Mom never told me that Bermuda looks like Canada)

NCL Dawn 7/04

You know you need a cruise when...

You live in the North and can't get away for your January birthday SO...

You put plastic over the carpet, have sand hauled in, turn the heat up to 90, put on a steel drum CD and INSIST everyone wear beach wear to your party!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ukbound:

When you glance at a sign on the street that advertises manicures and you read it as mini-cruise<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL That's funny!

You know you need a cruise when you……

Take the kids to the playground...just to ride the “merry-go-round†so that you can get that “sea-leg†feeling.

In your bathroom you don’t have any of your normal soaps and lotions…instead you have the ones that you borrowed from your cabins bathroom on your last cruise.

When you fill your bathtub full of water….and instead of saying “Calgon, take me awayâ€â€¦. You say “NCL take me away.â€

When you are at your local shopping mall…. you pull out of your wallet your room key from your last cruise instead of your credit card.

When you realize that you have NCL's 800 number on your speed dial.

OceanDreams

"Living life to the fullest"

[This message was edited by OceanDreams on 05-22-04 at 12:03 AM.]

You know you need a cruise when you……

Pay off the bills from the last cruise..

open you statement and have more the 500 points on your NCL card.

see the friends you made on other cruises on a roll call.

and the final answer

just want to enjoy life a little more icon_smile.gif

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,

Norway 3/94,4/96

Dreamward 4/97

Dream 12/99

QE2 4/02

Carnival Spirit 7/02

NCL Sun 10/03

NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

No Clock = No Next Cruise

You know you need a cruise when Ocean, Shoreguy, and Lemanja' are on CC on a Friday night! We need the Brat99 to complete the circle...I hear a cruise calling...Sun Sun Sun...10/16, 10/16, 10/16...Carlos N Charlies, Carlos N Charlies, Carlos N Charlies, Pool bar, Pool bar, Pool bar, any bar, any bar, any bar... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Oh, when my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio...de Janeiro!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When you realize that you have NCL's 800 number on your speed dial.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1-800-327-7030. I know it by heart. icon_biggrin.gif

<u>I've traveled the world and the seven seas aboard...</U>

- Carnival Triumph New England/Canada 4 night August 1999

- Celebrity Zenith Bermida 7 night August 2001

- Norwegian Sea Bahamian 7 night July 2002

- Celebrity Galaxy Western Carribbean 10 night August 2003

- Soon to be... Norwegian Wind 14 Night Vacation Package -10 Nights shipboard and 4 nights at the Sheraton in Honolulu- August 7 - 22 2004

By the way, I have no problem with anyone emailng me about these cruises or general experience...just drop me a line at sbcs5390@optonline.net!

Archived