Strange Shore Excursion Age Limits

ArtM

Thought I would sign up for the "Rum Tasters Thrill" shore excursion in Castries, St. Lucia.

No can do; the system won't let me sign up because I will be 71 two days before the excursion takes place and there is an upper age limit of 70 for the excursion.

Oh, to be 5 years old again; I would meet the minimum age restriction for the excursion.

I know that Azamara just enforces the rules of the local tour supplier, but it sure looks like Azamara management isn't too alert on this one.

Art

Thought I would sign up for the "Rum Tasters Thrill" shore excursion in Castries, St. Lucia.

No can do; the system won't let me sign up because I will be 71 two days before the excursion takes place and there is an upper age limit of 70 for the excursion.

Oh, to be 5 years old again; I would meet the minimum age restriction for the excursion.

I know that Azamara just enforces the rules of the local tour supplier, but it sure looks like Azamara management isn't too alert on this one.

Art

book it on board! just ask Kikki or whoever to add you in.. i doubt it will be a problem on the ship.

book it on board! just ask Kikki or whoever to add you in.. i doubt it will be a problem on the ship.

That is not necessarily good advice for the OP - booking on board will mean they will lose your 50% discount

it beats not going at all. i find people on board more helpful and thry know more in most cases.

As non-serious alcohol drinkers, this tour was viewed as something a little different worth trying at the half off price.

We'll do something else and grab a rum whatever drink on shore if it strikes our fancy.

Art

it beats not going at all. i find people on board more helpful and thry know more in most cases.

As not very serious alcohol drinkers, this tour was viewed as something a little different worth trying at the half off price.

We'll do something else and grab a rum whatever drink on shore if it strikes our fancy.

Art

Art

Hi ArtM,

Have you considered contacting Azamara ? Perhaps they can assist. Their email address is : AzamaraCustomerService@AzamaraClubCruises.com .

Understand if it is a case of you can only go if you book on board or if you want to obtain flexibility you book on board, I was just making sure the OP understood that this would mean the excursion would cost double which for some of us who are price/budget sensitive is quite a consideration.

Our experience of the shore excursions team on Journey last month was I am afraid well below the standard we have seen on other Azamara ships or even Celebrity. We fed this back and the exact reasons why and we know it is being acted. It related to a need to be consistent in how they handled all guests and to ensure they offered the same attention to service detail as we saw everywhere else on board.

Archived