Not to bring up a sore subject but.......

For all those folks who remember the Johnny Rockets boards...... I said previously, where does it end....

I don't remember paying for Seatles Best coffee before this last cruise (last week) but two small cups of plain coffee were $3.45 plus gratuity. Which was the only place to get coffee during some points of the early morning or late evening without ordering from room service.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

I was on the Radiance in February and never had to pay for coffee :confused:

Coffee, tea and hot chocolate were available right outside the Windjammer from at least 6 a.m...

I know you had to pay for coffee at the little coffee shop, but it was always free outside the Windjammer.....

The Seattle's Best was always in the free "serve yourself" coffee pots at both the Windjammer AND that place on the promenade. No more? Really?

I know you have to pay for specialty drinks if you go to the COUNTER at the cafe in the promenade, but the Seattle's Best was free and in serve yourself carafes.

OK, there's a discrepancy here...

For those who say it used to be free...are you sure it was Seattle's Best or was it just "plain" coffee?

For those who say there was always a charge...what ship were you on, and where were you when you were charged?

Let's try to clear this up before we jump to conclusions, please...(and it ends up being a 5-page "he said, she said' discussion :rolleyes: )

Just off Explorer of the seas. Yes you pay for Seatles best. There is however a 24hr free regular coffee station in the cafe promenade. Had many a late night coffee, Pizza and dessert at the cafe. all free, good pizza by the way. Excellent mocha eclairs too.

Seattle's Best Coffee was the standard coffee (regular & decaf) that was furnished free in the Windjammer, coffee pot outside the Windjammer & DR on 2/05 Splendour cruise....The RCI cruise brochures indicate that Seattles Best is their standard coffee....

Only those coffees designated as "specialty coffees" available at the pool bar were extra.

Happy cruising....

Ok, ok.... let me clarify.

I have been on the Voyager class ships (specifically Adventure of the Seas) in the promenade area where there was the little coffee/pastry place that served Seattle's Best regular and decaf coffee. I remember being able to get self serve Seattle's Best coffee there (self serve) and the pastries were free (served by crew when open). I also happen to have my Seapass charge account final statement-no charge.

January I was on Majesty, still no charge for Seattle's Best (have that statement also-no charge). Now on Sovereign last week, there is a Seattle's Best / Ben & Jerry's icecream shop (together) and although the pastries are still free, the regular and decaf (non flavored) coffee was not free ($3.45 plus grat. for two small cups).

Now if there is a charge there for Seattle's Best there, why would they serve Seattle's Best in all the other areas of the ship for free? Unless the pastry/icecream shop is now the only place it is served, right? I am positive now, and I asked a few past cruisers who sailed with me what they remember about this. They agreed. What I really wanted to know, is if anyone else remembers this also?

Archived