18-20 YO Meet and Greet

hayesktrm

Has anyone or their children attended these? My 19 year old's GF can't go and he has always enjoyed the kids' clubs, but obviously is too old for that now. Last year he stayed home from our family vacation and I really want him to go. He is very grateful that we are taking him, but thinks he'll be bored. He is going to save up and buy a Kindle (he does love to read) and he has been working and going to school so I'm sure sitting by the pool reading will be a nice break for him, but I still want him to have fun. Feedback?

The plus is his 15 YO sister will be coming and they have fun hanging out when she's not in Club O2. He thinks he will be able to sneak her into the adult comedy clubs, to which I told him it might be a bit embarrassing for both of you sitting together.

Has anyone or their children attended these? My 19 year old's GF can't go and he has always enjoyed the kids' clubs, but obviously is too old for that now. Last year he stayed home from our family vacation and I really want him to go. He is very grateful that we are taking him, but thinks he'll be bored. He is going to save up and buy a Kindle (he does love to read) and he has been working and going to school so I'm sure sitting by the pool reading will be a nice break for him, but I still want him to have fun. Feedback?

The plus is his 15 YO sister will be coming and they have fun hanging out when she's not in Club O2. He thinks he will be able to sneak her into the adult comedy clubs, to which I told him it might be a bit embarrassing for both of you sitting together.

Be careful sneaking her into the adult only comedy. They are very strict on the adult only policy. When I was on the Legend in December there were activity staff members that walked through the aisle before the show started to make sure there was no young people in the audience.

I can tell you from personal experience, that is just not going to happen. Last cruise, I was waiting in line to enter the Comedy Club with my daughter and her friends. Her little group consisted of 19-17 year old kids. 19 year old people had no problem and we were able to get in 1 of the 3 17 year old guys in. As soon as we got in and found a seat, a Carnival staffer came over to us, again checking ages. Out went the 17 year old. So, they do double check.

Besides, you are right. Some of the material is definitely adult, and your son may definitely feel a little strange while the jokes fly sitting next to his 15 year old sister!

I checked Fun Times for the Liberty and on the first day they have a meet and greet for this age at Piano Man?

They also have a get together for singles of this age interested in meeting others of the opposite sex, held in the disco. Unless he is broken up with his GF, he won't be going to that one.

I have gotten my son to go to the area where the meet and greet was to happen on two occassions- nothing. One other shy looking young person with her parents. Of course- not like they have anyone trying to organize anything- it is literally an area of seats where people are expected to do it all on their own. I really wish that they would do something a bit more formal for this- have a special hour in the video games, for example, with sodas and someone to facilitate it.

join your sailings Roll Call , We had people of all age at ours the young one can meet each other at that time

When they are planning a location for a meet & greet, try to get it at an area near both a bar, and a swimming pool. My daughter will hang out at the pool till there are lots of people around, and come over, and meet people then. She comes over quicker if there are any teens/young adults her own age.

I can speak from personal experience here. The first cruise I went on I was 19 and my sister was 16. We hung out a lot in the arcade and I even hit a few Club O2 activities with her, but for the most part I was pretty bored. Now that I have cruised twice over the age of 21 (or at least with other people who were able to go into the adult clubs) I had a much better time. I pretty much told my 18 year old sister that I would take her for her 21st birthday because she would have more fun!

Archived