You know you're going on a cruise soon when...

LandlockedCruiser01

1. You find every excuse in the book to use the word corresponding to your ship name in a sentence.

2. You hear someone say the word "epic", and the first thing that comes to your mind is "Norwegian", rather than "fail".

3. The word "cruising" ceased to have anything to do with picking up girls while driving around in a fancy car.

4. You hear someone say "Carnival", and you visualize a ship with a colorful funnel, rather than a risque parade in Rio de Jainero.

5. "Rum runners" now brings up a visual of plastic pouches, instead of people in boats smuggling alcohol from Canada.

6. When you shop for alcoholic beverages, you subconsciously wonder how you'll get the stuff onto your cruise ship.

7. Same as #6, but your cruise is with the Disney Cruise Line or includes alcohol in the purchase price.

8. Someone asks you where the library is, and you say "go 1 nautical mile, and turn starboard at the light".

9. The word "deck" no longer brings up a visual of a large balcony-like area next to the upper floor of a house.

10. When someone says "cabin", you think of a small room to sleep in, rather than a wooden house in the mountains.

I'm out of ideas; post more of your own, and make it fun.

Yehhh 2 weeks back and I miss mine too - my favourite was Deck 7 port - non smokers that is - sometimes and most of the time I would be there alone - can picture it now... I look up and see the bottom of the tenders.... I look aft and can see the scrubbed decks and blue and white deck chairs, seems to go on forever...I look to sea and see the ink blue water, nothing just sea and blue horizon... I look over the railing and see the white water being pushed from the bow and looking back can see the trail in the distance.... can feel the varnish under my hands and now and then the spray in my face.... mmmmhhh

~~Iru~~

• 3 weeks later...

You find yourself thinking about comfort before style while considering buying a new pair of shoes! Port days quite take it out on my poor little feet!

The Masterchef TV show has you salivating like Pavlov's dog and fantasising about all the lovely food you are about to eat

You spend FAR too long on these boards reading debates about chair hogs and tipping staff! (and you enjoy it!) :)

We always know when we are going cruising. One look at the bed in the guest bedroom says it all!

The only problem with this is when our son-in -law uses us as a motel as he goes across western Canada.

john

You find yourself thinking about comfort before style while considering buying a new pair of shoes! Port days quite take it out on my poor little feet!

The Masterchef TV show has you salivating like Pavlov's dog and fantasising about all the lovely food you are about to eat

You spend FAR too long on these boards reading debates about chair hogs and tipping staff! (and you enjoy it!) :)

Oh man, you have the shoe thing right!

You know you're close when you watch Marica Griffith's "Electric Slide" and the "Cha Cha Dance" videos on YouTube just about every day! It's my wife's cruise routine when we're less than 30 days from sailing! And that started yesterday!

:cool:Bill

When the corner in my bedroom starts to look like a corner of a luggage store until it all moves to the room formerly known as the guest room, which becomes the cruise room.

When I start collecting travel size containers of shampoo, conditioner, nail polish remover pads, mouth rinse, puzzle books for the plane ride, ear plugs, extra tooth brushes, immodium, pepto bismol, bandaids, cold meds, benadryl, neosporin, tums, zip-lock bags in all sizes, etc.

When a vaccuum and start seeing glitter or a stray sequin on the carpet from trying on cruise clothes.

When I see "start tanning session" on my calendar.

When I start turning down desserts in prep for the cruise food.

Archived