Making an 8:10 flight debarking Oasis

bajathree

I know this is not recommended but I just wanted to post that I easily made an 8:10am Southwest flight out of FLL doing self debarkation off Oasis. Walked off the ship by 6:40 and was at the airport by 7 checking in. I actually had a 9:30 flight scheduled but was there in plenty time to switch to the earlier flight....so it can be done. I even had a good 45 minutes at the gate prior to boarding.

Thanks for posting this! I am booked on a 10:30 a.m. flight out of FLL after my Oasis trip, and was curious if it was possible to disembark prior to the listed arrival time of 7:00 a.m. in order to try for an earlier flight (I am to attend a wedding in the NE that afternoon).

In my case, the carrier's next earliest flight is 7:00 a.m. and I'm aware that a 6:40 disembark would not get me there, but at least now I know I can ask about running off the ship earlier than 7:00. Thanks again!

The usual risk of course would be getting held up in customs for some reason. There is also the chance that the ship gets back to port late. However, I've never been awake when the ship is docking on disembarcation day. What time do they usually get in?

Oasis/Allure get in very early....around 4:45am....self debarkation starts 6:15-6:30. If you are really looking to get off the ship first use the front elevators and debark forward...not aft....aft is the self debarkation waiting area in the dining room....so you have an initial back-up a bit....I actually used the aft to get off the ship and that is why I ended up walking off around 6:40....I would have been off by 6:30 if I went forward.

Wow!! In a hurry to get home? :p

I don't know where you live, but just curious, what time did you hit your driveway?

Someone should start a thread to see who can get to their driveway the earliest off the ship.

I was actually sitting in my home in Tampa by 10:30am....but thats only because I stopped and ate breakfast at the Tampa airport before I left.

PS...and I didn't didn't go to sleep till 2am the night before:D...we partied hard this sailing:p I actually landed in Tampa before my friends were even off the ship.

I know this is not recommended but I just wanted to post that I easily made an 8:10am Southwest flight out of FLL doing self debarkation off Oasis. Walked off the ship by 6:40 and was at the airport by 7 checking in. I actually had a 9:30 flight scheduled but was there in plenty time to switch to the earlier flight....so it can be done. I even had a good 45 minutes at the gate prior to boarding.

What was the actual window for walk off? I think that's what we're gonna do but I don't want to be at the airport at 7 AM... it's too early for the airline to take our bags. Thanks!

We used the shuttles... so we didn't even leave the ship port until 7:30am using the self disembark. I started thinking about how long we were stuck there just sitting on the bus and wished we'd taken a taxi to the airport instead. If we had thought about it sooner we should have just shared a taxi with you Steve. We were at the airport by 8am and picked up a 9am flight home instead of our scheduled 11:30am and got home 3 hours early at 1pm.

Archived