Explorer 11/15....school vacation??

redcruzer

Since Thanksgiving is on the 22nd, I'm guessing that you may have a lot of kids out then. Mine are not off the whole week of Thanksgiving, but it would be the ideal week to pull them out of school since they are already off 3 days for the holiday.

Hi, we are thinking of booking this cruise on 11/15-11-24. Does anyone know of that is a school vacation? We like kids, just prefer not so many of them around us during our cruises. Thanks all

I remember when we used to go to Disney in November. We tried to avoid "Jersey Week". That is when New Jersey students are off because of an educational convention. They have a few days off and extend it to the following days for a vacation. You might want to check it out. Disney is mobbed during those days. I would imagine cruiselines will be too.

I don't think you should see a lot of kids. The sail out date is set for nov 15 for 9 days. That about 6 days of no school excluding the short vacation. The next one is Nov 24 for 9 days sail out. That about 7 days of missed school. Either way it way too many school days to be missed. I don't think all the parents want kids have that many days off from school just to go away. You will be fine. I was on the first thanksgiving cruise in same time like this one and didn't see a lot of kids.

I don't think you should see a lot of kids. The sail out date is set for nov 15 for 9 days. That about 6 days of no school excluding the short vacation. The next one is Nov 24 for 9 days sail out. That about 7 days of missed school. Either way it way too many school days to be missed. I don't think all the parents want kids have that many days off from school just to go away. You will be fine. I was on the first thanksgiving cruise in same time like this one and didn't see a lot of kids.

Depending on the school system, it could be anywhere from 2 to 5 days missing school. I believe all schools are off on Thanksgiving & the day after. As has already been posted, some schools are closed for the week, and some are closed the day before Thanksgiving.

Pick you poison.......... IMHO, it's not a good date to choose for someone hoping children are at a minimum.

We usually cruise Thanksgiving week. Last year we did the Enchantment, this year we will be doing the Explorer...9 days departing on 15 November and he will only miss 4 days of school.

I imagine others will take advantage of the Thanksgiving week as well. Enchantment had a large number of kids cruising during Thanksgiving week for the 9 day cruise in 2011.

-Julie

That is over Thanksgiving and there will be lots of children on that cruise. I am also booked on that cruise with my family. My dd will miss 2 full days of school and 3 half days. Many familes do take their kids out for that week. It is really nice to see the many multi generation families sailing the week of Thanksgiving.

Lisa

We are sailing the Allure 11/11 sailing since Veterans day is 11/12 and kids have 11/13 off for a Teacher devolpment day. So only taking kids out 3 days. I would that that T-day week would be similiar lots of kids. We choose the Veterans week, since flights will be cheaper.

Missy

Archived