Seriously considering the Breeze.....any thoughts?

happy cruzin

We just did that itin on Freedom in Nov and really liked it! I will be sailing on the Breeze for her US Inaugural and am hoping to love her. I am a spirit class lover, but Breeze may have enough plusses which the other classes are missing (the open aft lido being the main thing;)). I say go for it!:)

We just did that itin on Freedom in Nov and really liked it! I will be sailing on the Breeze for her US Inaugural and am hoping to love her. I am a spirit class lover, but Breeze may have enough plusses which the other classes are missing (the open aft lido being the main thing;)). I say go for it!:)

LOL - us too.... infact I just posted on the "what's your favorite ship" thread that we prefer 8 day itineraries on the Spirit Class because of the size, layout and AMAZING aft wrap suites! ;) :D

But there are no Spirit Class itineraries that interest us in February 2013. We have also already done the Dream and Magic....enjoyed the Magic more than the Dream - so "bigger" is not really an issue for us.

I really like the Breeze itinerary - LOVE the pictures posted of what the Breeze is supposed to look like.....and do like sailing on the new ships. ;)

we just booked our first RCCL cruise out of FLL wanting to try RC if at all possible. The price was a bit more than a similar Carnival cruise would have been but we figured why not. Got a 300 sq ft room that holds all 5 of us on a great boat. So we will see...

We can still cancel if the extra price is too hard to handle, and Dream or Breeze were definite options. The 6 night on Breeze in December was a thought but we aren't crazy about the Islands visited, so we have passed for now. If we find a longer cruise affordable this time around, we may try to opt for the 8 night next year, the boat looks terrific!

we just booked our first RCCL cruise out of FLL wanting to try RC if at all possible. The price was a bit more than a similar Carnival cruise would have been but we figured why not. Got a 300 sq ft room that holds all 5 of us on a great boat. So we will see...

We can still cancel if the extra price is too hard to handle, and Dream or Breeze were definite options. The 6 night on Breeze in December was a thought but we aren't crazy about the Islands visited, so we have passed for now. If we find a longer cruise affordable this time around, we may try to opt for the 8 night next year, the boat looks terrific!

We just did the NCL Epic - last week - because we wanted to try something new.

Loved, Loved, LOVED it.....but we will ALWAYS pick an 8 day over a 7 - especially since it has ports we have never been to! ;) :D

Yep!

That....along with the virtual tour and photo gallery posted on carnival.com of what the Breeze is supposed to look like pretty much has me sold! ;) :D

If I can find a halfway decent price on a balcony I might go ahead and book it as well....good idea:)

Yep!

That....along with the virtual tour and photo gallery posted on carnival.com of what the Breeze is supposed to look like pretty much has me sold! ;) :D

It looks like it is going to be a really attractive design. I am not a fan of Farcus' designs at all, so I think it is a great move.

It looks like it is going to be a really attractive design. I am not a fan of Farcus' designs at all, so I think it is a great move.

AGREED!! It seems pretty refined - compared to the other ships that have a theme.

I am also quite happy that in all of the pictures I have seen there is not one piece of orange Naugahyde.....LOL! ;) :D

I am also quite happy that in all of the pictures I have seen there is not one piece of orange Naugahyde.....LOL! ;) :D

That's because the design software for cruise ships can't replicate naugahyde and orange isn't in the coloring box.:D:rolleyes:

That's because the design software for cruise ships can't replicate naugahyde and orange isn't in the coloring box.:D:rolleyes:

You haven't sailed Freedom yet! OMG! The wall coverings are supposed to imitate wood, but they're brown, green and orange...it is truly HIDEOUS!!!! And it's almost everywhere...and it matches nothing:eek: But the special treat is in the MDR where they have this red snakeskin wall covering:eek: I am not a design hound by any means, and I will admit I often don't even notice, but the Freedom decor was just so bad and mismatched that it actually bothered me:rolleyes: After that, the Breeze is going to be pure heaven!:)

You haven't sailed Freedom yet! OMG! The wall coverings are supposed to imitate wood, but they're brown, green and orange...it is truly HIDEOUS!!!! And it's almost everywhere...and it matches nothing But the special treat is in the MDR where they have this red snakeskin wall covering I am not a design hound by any means, and I will admit I often don't even notice, but the Freedom decor was just so bad and mismatched that it actually bothered me After that, the Breeze is going to be pure heaven!

I have not sailed the Freedom either. But it sounds like it's been a good one to miss.....:eek:

Sometimes I wonder if they stop to think about it.....many ships have things that have made me go "huh :confused:". The grapes on the Miracle....the fried eggs on the Splendor.....the statue of David (in all his glory ;))on the Pride.....the urns on the Legend....and which one has the dang seahorses :cool:???

;) :D

I have not sailed the Freedom either. But it sounds like it's been a good one to miss.....:eek:

Sometimes I wonder if they stop to think about it.....many ships have things that have made me go "huh :confused:". The grapes on the Miracle....the fried eggs on the Splendor.....the statue of David (in all his glory )on the Pride.....the urns on the Legend....and which one has the dang seahorses :cool:???

;) :D

Farcus was definitely out there. Interestingly enough, the urns and the grapes don't bother me...maybe because they match the decor. But when things don't at least compliment each other, yikes! It will never ruin my cruise, but nice decor can certainly make it more enjoyable. For instance one elevator had these mod 70's pink and orange flowers on 2 wall panels, while the 3rd wall panel was like an oriental bird type of thing...in blue and yellow! HUH??? LOL!

I haven't had the "pleasure" of the seahorses yet!:eek:

You haven't sailed Freedom yet! OMG! The wall coverings are supposed to imitate wood, but they're brown, green and orange...it is truly HIDEOUS!!!! And it's almost everywhere...and it matches nothing:eek: But the special treat is in the MDR where they have this red snakeskin wall covering:eek: I am not a design hound by any means, and I will admit I often don't even notice, but the Freedom decor was just so bad and mismatched that it actually bothered me:rolleyes: After that, the Breeze is going to be pure heaven!:)

Totally agree about the Freedom! So mismatched it kinda bothered me too!

Farcus was definitely out there. Interestingly enough, the urns and the grapes don't bother me...maybe because they match the decor. But when things don't at least compliment each other, yikes! It will never ruin my cruise, but nice decor can certainly make it more enjoyable. For instance one elevator had these mod 70's pink and orange flowers on 2 wall panels, while the 3rd wall panel was like an oriental bird type of thing...in blue and yellow! HUH??? LOL!

I haven't had the "pleasure" of the seahorses yet!:eek:

Agreed!! ;)

This is the Breeze intinerary I am looking forward to sometime in the future! It will likely have to be in the summer as I am a teacher and can't be a supply forever just to be able to cruise at cheaper times of the year!! I will be getting a cove for sure! Love them!

Probably will!! ;) :D

I see there is a pretty active Roll Call already too :)

Sounds like you've pretty much talked yourself into the Breeze. ;)

Yes, our group likes to post and plan. Most of us met on the Miracle in 2009 and have cruised (more or less) every year together since. Awesome people that I am very proud to call "family" now. :) We LOVE welcoming new members so if you do decide to book the 2/2/13 sailing don't be shy about posting in the Roll Call! Our official motto is "The More the Merrier!" and we mean it!

I am also a fan of the Spirit class ships. I'm not happy about the placement of the serenity area on these ships though. The entire aft pool area is now Serenity, including the bar. Less seating and lots of chair hogs. We adjusted on our most recent cruise but it wasn't the same.

I have to laugh about the grapes and urns...and I had forgotten just how bad the Freedom decor was. LOL The snakeskin wallpaper gets me every time! :p

Aren't the seahorses on the Legend? I remember talk about them "biting" so I avoided them at all costs!

Archived