New tipping rate?

CRUISING71

Is this included in the price of your cruise? If not, when do you pay?

Some people choose to pay the gratuities when they book their cruise. You can also pre-pay them before your cruise. Otherwise, it is automatically added to your S&S account on board the ship. A very convenient way to tip, IMO.

11.50 per person is an added expense.

It tips your cabin steward, it tips your waiter, assistant waiter and the lido buffet staff.

You can opt to pre pay them before the cruise

or

you can have them take out the 11.50 pp per day off your sign and sail card

The move also represents a change in how Carnival distributes tips to crew. The old tipping levels were broken down as follows (per day): $5.50 to the headwaiter/waiter, $1 to the assistant waiter/cooks and $3.50 to the cabin steward. The new guidelines allocate $5.80 to dining room services, $3.70 to cabin services and $2 per day for alternative services, which include kitchen, entertainment, guest services and other hotel staff members. "The increase in the recommended gratuities amount will result in increased compensation for impacted crew," says spokesman Vance Gulliksen, who declined to offer specifics.

I don't mind the increase, except I wish it would have just been added to the old tipping levels, and not to include "entertainment, guest services, etc. in the new guidelines-jimo.....

I don't mind the increase, except I wish it would have just been added to the old tipping levels, and not to include "entertainment, guest services, etc. in the new guidelines-jimo.....

You can always go to guest services and reassign your autotip in any ratio/percentage you desire. On our Splendor cruise 2 weeks ago we reassigned ALL our tips to go the cabin stewards/housekeeping staff.

ALL $161.00 of it!

The rest got a big fat Zero, Zilch, Nada, Nothing!

The move also represents a change in how Carnival distributes tips to crew. The old tipping levels were broken down as follows (per day): $5.50 to the headwaiter/waiter, $1 to the assistant waiter/cooks and $3.50 to the cabin steward. The new guidelines allocate $5.80 to dining room services, $3.70 to cabin services and $2 per day for alternative services, which include kitchen, entertainment, guest services and other hotel staff members. "The increase in the recommended gratuities amount will result in increased compensation for impacted crew," says spokesman Vance Gulliksen, who declined to offer specifics.

and it is because of this change that i will no longer allow carnival to take and distribute my tips for my convenience.

i will be removing all tips and tip the traditional staff i have always previously tipped. in greenbacks.

and it is because of this change that i will no longer allow carnival to take and distribute my tips for my convenience.

i will be removing all tips and tip the traditional staff i have always previously tipped. in greenbacks.

OK, I have to ask :D:D:D

In Washingtons, Jeffersons, Lincolns, Hamiltons, Jacksons, Grants or Franklins? ;) ;) ;)

I was thinking the same thing. I'll check back later to see all H*** breaking loose.

But there are some that give their opinion no matter what the question

And here we go....

(The OP asked what the new rate, that's all they asked, LOL)

odd. none of these posts answer the op's question. :rolleyes:

odd. none of these posts answer the op's question. :rolleyes:

Nor do yours.

The new gratuities rate is $11.50 per person per day.

When you book your cruise you have the option to pre-pay it otherwise it is attached to your sign and sail account once you get on the ship.

I think the OPs question was answered

Yikes...I hope it is not too late to chime in here and ask a related question.:eek:

On previous Carnival cruises, I have always left my auto charge tips in place ( you know the charges that appear on your "on board" account on the second day of the cruise. ) I have never adjusted them, only tipped a little extra on the last evening to those who gave extra special service.

When I booked my cruise for October, I was asked by PVP if I wanted to prepay, and I said no, for no other reason, than I never did it before.

Now Im thinking, no matter if prepay now, or before the cruise or on my on board account, but it might be nice to prepay, so my final on board bill is less. Question is; can I still prepay those tips before of at the time of final payment? Just curious. Thanks for any info.:)

Yikes...I hope it is not too late to chime in here and ask a related question.:eek:

On previous Carnival cruises, I have always left my auto charge tips in place ( you know the charges that appear on your "on board" account on the second day of the cruise. ) I have never adjusted them, only tipped a little extra on the last evening to those who gave extra special service.

When I booked my cruise for October, I was asked by PVP if I wanted to prepay, and I said no, for no other reason, than I never did it before.

Now Im thinking, no matter if prepay now, or before the cruise or on my on board account, but it might be nice to prepay, so my final on board bill is less. Question is; can I still prepay those tips before of at the time of final payment? Just curious. Thanks for any info.:)

yes you can prepay. just call your pvp.

Archived