Silhouette questions

M&T

I have started reading the "Everything Silhouette." But, I am on page 12 of over a hundred pages. How much of the lawn club is available for general use. It sounds as if a lot of it has been incorporated into specialty places some of which cost extra. Is there plenty of room and chairs to just go sit and watch the water and relax by the lawn.?

Is the use of the Hideaway free? I kindof like the idea of sneaking away hiding and ready in a peaceful environment. Of course, the library looks nice too. I loved the library on the Eclipse.

How much are the specialty restaurants? Thanks. We sail on Jan. 27, 2013.

1. I haven't been on Silhouette (going March 17), but from what I hear a lot of the lawn is available for sitting, playing croquet and boccie ball, etc.

2. Hideaway is free.

3. The specialty restaurants are $40 each for the main ones and $5 each for Bistro on 5 and The Porch. I understand they often have specials on the ship with a discount and/or there is a package where you can buy several nights at once. We're sort of happy to just do a few specialty restaurants and eat mostly in the MDR so we sort of play it by ear.

Tom

I have started reading the "Everything Silhouette." But, I am on page 12 of over a hundred pages. How much of the lawn club is available for general use. It sounds as if a lot of it has been incorporated into specialty places some of which cost extra. Is there plenty of room and chairs to just go sit and watch the water and relax by the lawn.?

Is the use of the Hideaway free? I kindof like the idea of sneaking away hiding and ready in a peaceful environment. Of course, the library looks nice too. I loved the library on the Eclipse.

How much are the specialty restaurants? Thanks. We sail on Jan. 27, 2013.

The Hideway is free.

The open areas of the Lawn Club is significantly less than the prior S-Class ships and this is one aspect of Silhouette I did not like. There still is a decent amount of space for just relaxing, but the area has become "commercialized" which detracts from the ambiance.

The specialty restaurants are prices as below:

Bistro on 5: $5

The Porch: $5

Tuscan Grille: $30

Qsine: $40

Lawn Club Grill: $40

Murano: $40

Once on board you can buy packages for the specialty dining which will be a bit cheaper than purchasing the meals one-by-one; they also sometimes offer specials (i.e. 20% off).

Thanks. Please tell me more about the Hideaway. Is there music? I guess I'd prefer to bring my own and earbuds. It looks like there is a place to make hot drinks. Anything else you want to share about it. Is it used much.

Thanks. Please tell me more about the Hideaway. Is there music? I guess I'd prefer to bring my own and earbuds. It looks like there is a place to make hot drinks. Anything else you want to share about it. Is it used much.

No music; it is a quiet place to read, nap, relax with comfortable seating. There is self-service coffee and tea available.

Thanks. I have looked at the pictures. I like the novelty. Were they used much?

When I was on in January the hideaway was usually pretty full on sea days, but it varied of course around dinner time( when I went as I had late seating) it is generally pretty quiet, but people come in just to see it and don't take in to consideration that people are there to read/relax so it can get chatty in there:eek:.... also every evening around 4:30 the music from what ever band/entertainment was down a few decks was quite loud and came right up through the opening of the levels and made it pretty hard to read. :(

The seating is nice, I tried all of them at one point or another the cages were comfy but the pods were the best I thought;) yes there are coffee teas and hot cocoa for your beverage pleasure. cream and sugar.:)

the library was visible from the hideaway and I didn't go there as I had a kindle with gobs of books loaded, but the music could reach there too so in that only aspect there was a design flaw to me....

One of the statements made by celebrity about the Hideaway is this: "perhaps trying out a new Apple product from the Celebrity iLounge." Does this mean you can check out some gadget from the ilounge to try out? What kind of items do they have for you to try out? Is there internet available in the Hideaway?

We were on the Silhouette in January. In the Hideaway you can hear the music being played in the public areas such as the acapella group or the violinist. Using the earbuds may be a good idea. It is not always quiet in there. It is the same as the library since they in the same area on the ship on different floors.

Are any of the 3 formal nights on the 12 day Caribbean 'more' formal than the others?

We just got back from the 2/10 sailing. I would say the first was the most formal on our sailing; the second was formal night was optional and most that I saw were not formal and the last formal night was about 50/50. I saw very vew tuxes on men, most were in dark suits. The ladies were 50/50 between long dresses and cocktail length.

We just got back from the 2/10 sailing. I would say the first was the most formal on our sailing; the second was formal night was optional and most that I saw were not formal and the last formal night was about 50/50. I saw very vew tuxes on men, most were in dark suits. The ladies were 50/50 between long dresses and cocktail length.

Thanks, I'm old school, will be bringing my tux, 3 different shirts and ties and DW has 3 gowns :D

Archived