Roll Calls - Size?

LKYGSR

Currently in one of the biggest roll calls I've ever been part of here at CC.

125 people on our list for meet and greet. Over 1400 posts.

This is not an "Official" CC gathering.

What's been your largest "unofficial" roll call?

Can't wait for the M&G, aft bar won't know what hit em! :eek:

Ours was 30K before sailing. Thanksgiving 2009, since been shut down by CC, but we are still cruising together every Thanksgiving since. Already booked on the Splendor Thanksgiving 2012 and some of us are booked on the Miracle Thanksgiving 2013. We just got along, had so much in common and are now life long friends.

Isn't that what is supposed to happen on these board?:)

Ours was 30K before sailing. Thanksgiving 2009, since been shut down by CC, but we are still cruising together every Thanksgiving since. Already booked on the Splendor Thanksgiving 2012 and some of us are booked on the Miracle Thanksgiving 2013. We just got along, had so much in common and are now life long friends.

What a great story....yep, that is what it is about...

My roll call for the Dream in December actually had over 25 of us show up to the M&G that we scheduled, but I know there were more that were on the roll call itself (and that said they would show up) - but not 125. We did however, have well over 2k posts.

My current roll call for the Freedom in June is the lamest thing I've ever seen. It has been stuck on 7 pages for quite some time, at the beginning of January it picked up again, but is only at 9 pages - it is quite sad/pathetic.

On our last cruise on the Carnival Legend in December we had 96 cruise critic members. We had 2 meet and greets onboard. Another fun thing we did was on the first day we all wore mardi gras beads to start to identify one another. That was pretty cool :)

I did an Eastern Med cruise on NCL last January that had well over 100 active posters. We had spreadsheets and it was all very organized. NCL hosted a M&G in their top lounge and there were a lot of people there.

Later that year we were on the Magic Med cruise in June and had a pretty big roll call as well. It worked out great with tours, etc.

My next cruise is the 15 day Hawaii on the Spirit. True some are with a CC group, but it is crazy how many people are on this cruise from here. There are three very active roll calls and most are not part of the "official" group. I have started to realize (by peoples signatures) many who I had no idea were on this cruise.

My HAL Alaska cruise in July doesn't even have a roll call.

My Splendor South American cruise is already full steam ahead with people planning everything already.

My Baltic roll call is very active as well, especially for being so far out.

My first 4 cruises, I had never heard of Cruise Critic, so no idea if there were meet and greets.

I signed up for Office Meet & Mingle on Celebrity Constellation in 2006, and that's when I first heard of CC. Not sure how many actually signed up, but we had to have 25 for Celebrity to foot the bill. We exceeded that, but alas, only about 20 showed up to the Meet & Mingle.

Then on Grand Princess in the Med, we had 25 say they were going to come to the Meet & Greet, but only 11 of us actually showed up. We did share a couple of tours and our transfer from Rome to Civitavecchia.

Then on NCL Star, we had quite an active Roll Call with 60 saying they would join in various activities. We had about 50 show up to the Meet & Greet, with a gift exchange (I think only about 20 joined in that), then we did a Cabin Crawl with about 30 folks (with a Poker Draw of about 14), a SLot Pull with about 30 folks. And we were invited to a Bridge Tour and some of us were invited to dine with the Captain. By far, the best turn out of CC on any of our previous cruises. And let me say, with the storms, rain, wind, rough seas, closed ports, the CC activities really saved the cruise.

We have more than 1400 posts,70 something pages, and about 150 people, inlcluding young folks. And more than 50 signed up and paid for a cocktail party, more going to drop in at a first day gathering. The young people have a facebook page going as do the adults. Very active, no battles or drama, and lots of people getting together for excursions, all informally.

On our last cruise on the Carnival Legend in December we had 96 cruise critic members. We had 2 meet and greets onboard. Another fun thing we did was on the first day we all wore mardi gras beads to start to identify one another. That was pretty cool :)

We were there, our Dec 4 Legend roll call was awesome. Hi Wrigley80.

That said, not everyone showed up for the M/G. We planned other things together also, that people didn't show up for. So even if you have a lot of participation in the roll call, you may not have it for your group activities.

Our dream roll call is just now starting to get some hits.

My roll call for the Dream in December actually had over 25 of us show up to the M&G that we scheduled, but I know there were more that were on the roll call itself (and that said they would show up) - but not 125. We did however, have well over 2k posts.

My current roll call for the Freedom in June is the lamest thing I've ever seen. It has been stuck on 7 pages for quite some time, at the beginning of January it picked up again, but is only at 9 pages - it is quite sad/pathetic.

You know, there is something about the Freedom roll calls. My DW and I will be on the Freedom for the 2nd time come June and for the 2nd time our roll call has been pretty lame. Not much participation at all. :confused:

Absolutely!!

never been on one as big as some of these though!

We have 35 coming to our Meet & Greet on March 11. We can't wait!

Archived