Falmouth Jamaica--Shore excursion idea?

PBNJ620

We did the Green Grotto Caves and Dunn's River Falls booked onboard. We had a blast and it was reasonably priced IMO.

Did you get enough time at Falls?

DId you have to go through vendors at exit?

Did they stop for any shopping?

what about lunch?

Apology for too many questions about this particular excursion of RCL but bit nervous about Jamaica.

Where is Mayfield falls and why did you like it so much?

Mayfield Falls is up in the mountains south of Montego Bay. You really get back into the country (which is gorgeous and awesome to see) and then they guide you into a river which is cool and fresh and about knee deep. You walk "up river" and as you go you climb about 10 sets of falls, each about 4-8 ft. tall. In between there are little caves and spots to lay back on the rocks and let the water rush on your head. There is also one spot where they take those that are willing to try, upriver a little bit and show them where to dive down and under a cave; the currents take you downriver (underwater) and you pop out at the bottom where the rest of the group is waiting. Sounds scary and it was a little, but so easy once you get over the fear. There was also a cliff to jump off and into a deep pool in the river. After about 2 hours of playing and hiking up river, you get out and walk paths through the jungle and fields that proved wildlife views, and beautiful vistas. It really was a fun experience. We liked it so much more than Dunn's. Dunn's is nice and a great thing to do once, but we would do Mayfield again and again.

Mayfield Falls is up in the mountains south of Montego Bay. You really get back into the country (which is gorgeous and awesome to see) and then they guide you into a river which is cool and fresh and about knee deep.

How far of a drive are the Falls from the Falmouth Port?

I'm interested in an independent private tour rather than being with busloads of cruisers and getting to the falls with so many people. Is this something I should do upon arriving at the port or do I arrange for the driver ahead of time? If so, I would like to have his name and contact information. Many thanks!

We used Patrice and had a great time. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1515939

bump for citrusflorida

thnx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by citrusflorida

We did the Green Grotto Caves and Dunn's River Falls booked onboard. We had a blast and it was reasonably priced IMO.

Did you get enough time at Falls?

DId you have to go through vendors at exit?

Did they stop for any shopping?

what about lunch?

Apology for too many questions about this particular excursion of RCL but bit nervous about Jamaica.

We just got back from our cruise yesterday and we had a stop in Falmouth. We booked Time N Place before we left and it was great! The manager picked us up outside the port shopping area and took us to Time N Place - we had the 2 mile stretch of beach completely to ourselves. A private beach plus transportation for $20pp!! (less for kids) It's rustic and basic, but so beautiful! They cook up jerk chicken and other foods, plus they have a fully stocked bar. When we were ready to leave, he took us back. All in all, a good deal and a great way to spend the day!

This interests us! Can you give me a little more information? How much was the food and drink? How long of a drive is it to get there? Any information you have I'd love to hear! What about beach chairs and umbrellas? Are these provided for the $20?

In Jamaica we have already done Dunns Falls, the plantation tour etc so last time we got a Day Pass to the Rose Hall Hilton. The place is immaculate the food exceptional and the water park very relaxing. Definately worth the $70 all you can eat and drink included.

Did you get the Day Pass through the ship or did you contact the Hilton directly?

We are interested in getting away from the crowds with families and going somewhere quiet.

We just got back from our cruise yesterday and we had a stop in Falmouth. We booked Time N Place before we left and it was great! The manager picked us up outside the port shopping area and took us to Time N Place - we had the 2 mile stretch of beach completely to ourselves. A private beach plus transportation for $20pp!! (less for kids) It's rustic and basic, but so beautiful! They cook up jerk chicken and other foods, plus they have a fully stocked bar. When we were ready to leave, he took us back. All in all, a good deal and a great way to spend the day!

How did you book Time N Place? Is there a web site?

There is a website, I found it by searching the name and Falmouth.

We booked through the website a few weeks ago and will be there for the day on March 1st.

I will be sure to update this thread with some pictures and a review upon our return if anybody is interested.

This interests us! Can you give me a little more information? How much was the food and drink? How long of a drive is it to get there? Any information you have I'd love to hear! What about beach chairs and umbrellas? Are these provided for the $20?

I am also interested in any additional information.

We did the Beach Break and Lunch. They took us about 15 minutes away to a private beach area and provided lunch. It was nice, the food was really good, and the water was beautiful.

I did this too! It was a great day!

How did you book Time N Place? Is there a web site?

If you go to mytimenplace.com you can book there. There is also a picture of the menu on the site, but I'm not sure if those prices have changed...

It was about a 5 minute drive from the meeting spot to Time n Place.

Beach chairs are included, there are no umbrellas, but there was plenty of shade to be found. The loungers are made of wood, but we put towels on them (as we would on any lounger) and it was fine.

I'll try to remember to look for additional questions.

Archived