Falmouth Jamaica--Shore excursion idea?

PBNJ620

Can someone help us? We are trying to book ahead of time and not sure of which to do. What would you recommend? In the past, I have done the Breezes resort and also river tubing. I don't want to do either again.

ANy recommendations ?

Can someone help us? We are trying to book ahead of time and not sure of which to do. What would you recommend? In the past, I have done the Breezes resort and also river tubing. I don't want to do either again.

ANy recommendations ?

You can get a lot of info on the Jamaica Port of Call board.

I have heard that there is a Hilton Resort very near the port that many people go to and give it good reviews. Personally I did not like Falmouth and only spent a little time looking in the shops at the port and venturing just outside the port area into town. I did not stay in town long, too many pushy taxi drivers/tour operators and just really nothing to see in the town of Falmouth. Otherwise it's do a ship sponsored excursion to many of the popular spots or stay on the ship. After my short venture into town I spent the rest of the day on the ship. Good luck.

ANy recommendations ?

We did the Dunns Rivers Falls and Jamaican bobsled. Worth every cent. GOTTA TRY IT!!!!

We went to Chakka Beach, it was great, but we had planned on doing the river rafting through the ship. I had hurt my back and we decided to cancel that and just go sit at the beach. I should have done the river rafting though, the friends who did go say it was one of the best excursions they had ever done.

They did the ride, got foot massages and some fresh pina coladas.

I have also done the Dunn's Falls and loved that as well.

We did the Beach Break and Lunch. They took us about 15 minutes away to a private beach area and provided lunch. It was nice, the food was really good, and the water was beautiful.

Were you able to book this before the cruise or only on board?

We also did the Chukka Beach break with lunch. I booked it before we left. Beach was very nice, water was clear, food was good-jerk chicken, and we felt completely safe. The company uses private security on their beach and we were never approached by anyone. Beach chair was included and an umbrella was like $10.

Which excursion is the river rafting, river tubing or the Martha Brae River? We have 2 older kids, good for them too? The rafting one looked lovely from photos but I thought maybe a bit slow for kids. Am I wrong? WE are 2 weeks away and still have not decided what to do.BTW, for anyone that hasn't done Dunn's River Falls, I highly recommend that.

You can book this excursion with lunch before you sail. The same excursion without lunch has to be booked once on board. Enjoy.

We also did the Chukka Beach break with lunch. I booked it before we left. Beach was very nice, water was clear, food was good-jerk chicken, and we felt completely safe. The company uses private security on their beach and we were never approached by anyone. Beach chair was included and an umbrella was like $10.
Great, thank you!

In Jamaica we have already done Dunns Falls, the plantation tour etc so last time we got a Day Pass to the Rose Hall Hilton. The place is immaculate the food exceptional and the water park very relaxing. Definately worth the $70 all you can eat and drink included.

We were in Jamaica the beg. of Feb. and did the Catamaran and snorkel tour. It was pretty windy so I thought it would be too rough to snorkel and it would be rough sailing but it was fine. I was very impressed with how the catamaran moved with the waves. Much calmer than in a sailboat or regular motor boat. The staff was great and there was music, dancing and all you can drink. We really loved it! We booked thr. the ship since we had been to Jamaica before and knew it was a little" dicey" at times.

I did this in Falmouth. Booked it on the pier for $29 and got lunch there for $15. Cheaper that way. I liked it. Nice jerk sauce on the chicken. Red Stripe is nice & cold. Also, go down beach there is an all you can eat lobster restaurant called Leon's Lobster Hut. Has a toll free number even. :D

We just got back from our cruise yesterday and we had a stop in Falmouth. We booked Time N Place before we left and it was great! The manager picked us up outside the port shopping area and took us to Time N Place - we had the 2 mile stretch of beach completely to ourselves. A private beach plus transportation for $20pp!! (less for kids) It's rustic and basic, but so beautiful! They cook up jerk chicken and other foods, plus they have a fully stocked bar. When we were ready to leave, he took us back. All in all, a good deal and a great way to spend the day!

I did this in Falmouth. Booked it on the pier for $29 and got lunch there for $15. Cheaper that way. I liked it. Nice jerk sauce on the chicken. Red Stripe is nice & cold. Also, go down beach there is an all you can eat lobster restaurant called Leon's Lobster Hut. Has a toll free number even. :D

Now THAT lobster sounds real good! How far is Chukka Beach from the Falmouth Pier?

My friends got a better deal from Falmouth, they took a private taxi from the pier, $20 per person return, then purchase lunch...we found out that booking trips on the ship and on the pier always turn out to be more costly...like booking a dunns river trip to ocho rios would be about $90 dollars or more person...they got a private tour driver who is registered by the Jamaica Tourist Board to take them there for $65 ( 7 persons), and that includes transportation, lunch at Scothies( that they said was absolutly wonderful), entrance to the falls and they got to do everything on their own time. We have the name of the driver if you want it for the next time you go to jamaica. CHEERS!!

I'm interested in an independent private tour rather than being with busloads of cruisers and getting to the falls with so many people. Is this something I should do upon arriving at the port or do I arrange for the driver ahead of time? If so, I would like to have his name and contact information. Many thanks!

Archived