I'm a little slow....

redcruzer

Although I own the iPhone and iPad, there are still so many things I don't get. Ha

My question is this, when we get to ports that offer free wifi, will my iPhone work, so I will be able to take pics and post to fb and send via email thru my phone? Will there be an additional charge on my phone bill for using it in free wifi spots?. Thanks guys!:D

Although I own the iPhone and iPad, there are still so many things I don't get. Ha

My question is this, when we get to ports that offer free wifi, will my iPhone work, so I will be able to take pics and post to fb and send via email thru my phone? Will there be an additional charge on my phone bill for using it in free wifi spots?. Thanks guys!:D

Yes, it will work, and no, there won't be a charge on your phone bill.

Your phone will work. The only thing I would check with your carrier is your international plan (depending on what cruise/port you are speaking about). When we travel we use the free wifi, but we also make sure we are within our plan/dataplan rules. Not sure it will matter (I don't have a iPhone) but it doesn't hurt to check.

Just make sure that the wi-fi icon is the one that is showing and not the 3G. Also do not be too close to the ship..I was on our last cruise and did not pay attention to the icons and was not so pleasantly surprised when my phone bill came..ouch!!!

Also with instant messaging just make sure that your message is in blue, communicating with other apple devices, and not green..otherwise there is a message charge if you are not on "unlimited" plan.

Amazing devices..just a whole new learning curve for me..

This will also help avoid spending money you don't want to, as long as you don't need to make calls...

For the iPhone, in Settings, turn Airplane Mode ON...then turn WiFi ON. You'll be able to access free signals for the latter without fearing the 3G if you move a foot closer to the ship (and you can always turn Airplane Mode back off if you DO need to make a call). ;)

Archived