HELP have to cancel one cruise.....

I am booked on Freedom of the seas D1 balcony one week cruise, we are diamond members, no other perks. I am also (as of today) booked on Celebrity Eclipse in a Concierge class balcony cabin TWO week cruise, we are elite members plus we get $385 OBC, dinner for 2 at specialty restaurant and bottle of wine. This for just $1000 more. What would you do? I have to cancel one. Celebrity cruise is in November 2012 and Freedom is December 2012, And UNFORTUNATELY I can't do both, believe me I WOULD LOVE TO.

While I'm a huge Freedom fan, I don't think I'd pass up the deal on Eclipse. We were on the Equinox last year and Solstice Class are a great ships. Add the another week plus other extras and that's a deal I couldn't pass on.

I am booked on Freedom of the seas D1 balcony one week cruise, we are diamond members, no other perks. I am also (as of today) booked on Celebrity Eclipse in a Concierge class balcony cabin TWO week cruise, we are elite members plus we get $385 OBC, dinner for 2 at specialty restaurant and bottle of wine. This for just $1000 more. What would you do? I have to cancel one. Celebrity cruise is in November 2012 and Freedom is December 2012, And UNFORTUNATELY I can't do both, believe me I WOULD LOVE TO.

This is a no brainer. Go on the Eclipse! Elite status and the OBC should make your cruise very satisfying! :)

Am I missing the point ? If you can't do both and yet booked today for the celebrity cruise does that not speak for itself ?

Yes and no. I booked it because I found the C3 cabin for $1749pp for the 2 weeks which is unheard of. SO I booked it to think about it. Good thing because I checked today and it is back to $2500pp. BUT the thing is, is Freedom is my favorite ship, and our last cruise on Freedom was our absolute best ever, oh and did I mention that I have room 1400? and my youngest son starts college this fall and we need to buy him a car, so the extra $1000 would help. Course on the other hand I do have his college paid for?

Yes and no. I booked it because I found the C3 cabin for $1749pp for the 2 weeks which is unheard of. SO I booked it to think about it. Good thing because I checked today and it is back to $2500pp. BUT the thing is, is Freedom is my favorite ship, and our last cruise on Freedom was our absolute best ever, oh and did I mention that I have room 1400? and my youngest son starts college this fall and we need to buy him a car, so the extra $1000 would help. Course on the other hand I do have his college paid for?

We loved Freedom , we had a balcony at the front of the ship but when on Liberty we had room 1402 we just dipped out on 1400 it was there and by the time I got to book it it was gone ,I can see where your coming from , great ship great cabin , but for what you got celebrity for it would be silly to not go for it ,you got a brilliant deal and I can see why you just had to push that button , I just want to add that on reading my previous post it sounded a bit abrupt and I apologise for that , I was posting in a hurry and didn't mean it to sound the way it did .

We loved Freedom , we had a balcony at the front of the ship but when on Liberty we had room 1402 we just dipped out on 1400 it was there and by the time I got to book it it was gone ,I can see where your coming from , great ship great cabin , but for what you got celebrity for it would be silly to not go for it ,you got a brilliant deal and I can see why you just had to push that button , I just want to add that on reading my previous post it sounded a bit abrupt and I apologise for that , I was posting in a hurry and didn't mean it to sound the way it did .

Ok, so I finally spoke with the TA and it seems that the other TA that I spoke with earlier was misinformed. SO instead of getting $385 in OBC and dinner for 2 and bottle of wine, we are only getting $280 in OBC. Still a great deal since we are getting the room for $1600 off. But if we do Freedom, we were offered $180 in OBC. hmmm Course I don't think I would ever get a concierge class room for that price ever again. But not sure when I will luck out and get room 1400 again either? I do have a couple more weeks to make my final decision.

Ok, so I finally spoke with the TA and it seems that the other TA that I spoke with earlier was misinformed. SO instead of getting $385 in OBC and dinner for 2 and bottle of wine, we are only getting $280 in OBC. Still a great deal since we are getting the room for $1600 off. But if we do Freedom, we were offered $180 in OBC. hmmm Course I don't think I would ever get a concierge class room for that price ever again. But not sure when I will luck out and get room 1400 again either? I do have a couple more weeks to make my final decision.

Two weeks is better than one , mind you having said that I have felt ready to come home after one week , we do 10 nights in April so I imagine after that one I won't be quite as satisfied with one week as I thought I was .

Archived