B2B cabin change ?

Bethcb

We are booked on the Star Princess B2B in Valparaiso, Chile. Since we have only a guarantee cabin for the second leg of the cruise (chile to LA), what happens on the day between the 2 cruises? Do we have to move all our luggage and stuff that morning in port? Does the cabin steward do this for us? If we have a private tour booked that day and the ship arrives in port at 0800, what is the soonest we should book that tour?

You will need to move everything from the old cabin to the new. The cabin steward may help. I would want to be there to insure that nothing is missed. You will need to clean out the safe, and may not want to take everything ashore. You might have to wait for the occupants to get out of the new cabin. I would not plan to leave the ship before 10 or 11.

Furst of all, you will know your new cabin number before the send of the first segment. With luck, you may even end up in the same cabin.

If going to a different cabin, your cabin steward will assist with the move.

Pack everything but the hanging items into your suitcases. The cabin steward will move the suitcases and hanging items to the new cabin. You may wish to tip him/her extra for that chore.

If you wish to take a tour that day, you can leave the ship as soon as disembarkation is allowed. You do not have to leave with any special color group.

If this ship arrives at 8 AM, you will be safe with a 9 AM tour as long as the ship did arrive on time.

When you get back on board, just head to your new cabin where your belongings will be waiting for you.

And, as the other poster advised, do not forget to empty the safe in the original cabin.

Thanks for you info. I am not sure how to handle to stuff in the safe. Could we empty the safe and put everything at the purser's desk? I'm not concerned about the clothing, but not sure about stuff in the safe. We plan to go to the beach that day and won't take valuables with us. Do you know if we can do this?

Archived