Questions

Good afternoon! :)

I have some questions about cruising on Royal Caribbean.

We cruised on NCL last year and my Dad really, really loved it. He had an aft-facing suite w/ concierge and butler.

I would like to try Royal Caribbean this time, specially Allure or Oasis. TBH, I like the dining options of RC but prefer the entertainment offered on NCL Epic. Ah well, perfect world and all that. :rolleyes:

From what I gather, the concierge service is less personalized on Royal Caribbean - is this correct? From what I have read, you have access to one (in certain suites) but it's more of a "central" access rather than personalized like NCL. Right?

Also, are the Aqua suites the only aft-facing suites? And then, those suites (and/or all aft-facing) look over the aqua theatre?

TIA!

Good afternoon! :)

I have some questions about cruising on Royal Caribbean.

We cruised on NCL last year and my Dad really, really loved it. He had an aft-facing suite w/ concierge and butler.

I would like to try Royal Caribbean this time, specially Allure or Oasis. TBH, I like the dining options of RC but prefer the entertainment offered on NCL Epic. Ah well, perfect world and all that. :rolleyes:

From what I gather, the concierge service is less personalized on Royal Caribbean - is this correct? From what I have read, you have access to one (in certain suites) but it's more of a "central" access rather than personalized like NCL. Right?

Also, are the Aqua suites the only aft-facing suites? And then, those suites (and/or all aft-facing) look over the aqua theatre?

TIA!

I think you'll find the suite amenities to be be plentiful, including the personalized type:

Priority embarkation - On arrival at the pier, suites guests have access to dedicated security and check-in lines

Upon check-in, you’ll receive a distinctive gold SeaPass card, which enables ship crew and staff to provide personalized service and offerings available to suite guests.

On arrival in your suites, you’ll be welcomed by:

A dedicated suite attendant who will deliver Royal Caribbean’s Gold Anchor Service throughout the cruise and help to fulfill any special requests

Complimentary Evian bottled water and fruit plate

Luxury spa bathrobes & slippers for use onboard

In-room Starbucks coffee and tea kettle with Tazo tea 

You’ll also enjoy complimentary 24-hour room service, and coffee & tea service throughout the cruise, and the exclusive privilege of ordering from the main dining room’s full breakfast, lunch or dinner menus to dine in the privacy of your suite.

Suite guests also enjoy access to the Concierge Club 24 hours a day. The club offers a relaxed atmosphere, a complimentary continental breakfast every morning & open bar every evening, business services such as faxes & photocopies, and an extensive library of DVDs & CDs to borrow for use in your suite entertainment system. The concierge is on-hand to see to the needs of the suite guests and assist with any special requests, such as securing reservations in specialty restaurants; pre-ordering wine for dinner; booking shore excursions; scheduling spa and salon appointments; and arranging private parties; exclusive Barefoot Beach Cabana rental at our private beach destinations in Labadee, Haiti and Cococay, Bahamas.

Suite guests have other special privileges and access including:

An invitation to the exclusive Captain’s Welcome Aboard Reception.

Reserved VIP seating in the main theater for entertainment shows (and VIP seating poolside as well as at the ice shows), priority bookings for appointments in the salon and spa, and for tendering and shore excursion tickets.

Complimentary pressing service on Captain’s night.

Personalized Port & Shopping advice

At the end of the cruise, you’ll get:

Priority disembarkation at an exclusive suite departure lounge featuring a continental breakfast.

Complimentary valet luggage service, where your bags are automatically transferred to the airport, freeing you to enjoy an excursion or other pursuits at the port city, and bypass the luggage check-in lines at the airport.

As for the Aqua Theater Suites, they are "wrap-around" balconies, about 600+ square feet, (yes, that is the size of just the balcony) that do overlook the Aqua Theater on one side, wrapping around to an ocean view on the other side of the suite.

• 7 months later...

Dear Cruising Machine: I have booked 2 Grand Suites for the Allure June 2013 for our first RCL Cruise!! I have been reading all the CC boards for details and wonderful information so I can schedule our activities, dining, etc . I don't find any forum for Embarkation available Dining for ALLure as I was trying to decide with the excitement, crowds, etc. if I should reserve a speciality restaurant for lunch. I can't find any listing showing what restaurants are open for lunch on embarkation day. Do you have a list for me? I don't want my girls to be disappointed with long lines right at the start and don't mind paying extra. Are Johnny Rockets, Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe and Giovanni's Table open when we first board??

Thank you for your kind assistance from a very excited first cruiser!!!!!!!!

Dear Cruising Machine: I have booked 2 Grand Suites for the Allure June 2013 for our first RCL Cruise!! I have been reading all the CC boards for details and wonderful information so I can schedule our activities, dining, etc . I don't find any forum for Embarkation available Dining for ALLure as I was trying to decide with the excitement, crowds, etc. if I should reserve a speciality restaurant for lunch. I can't find any listing showing what restaurants are open for lunch on embarkation day. Do you have a list for me? I don't want my girls to be disappointed with long lines right at the start and don't mind paying extra. Are Johnny Rockets, Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe and Giovanni's Table open when we first board??

Thank you for your kind assistance from a very excited first cruiser!!!!!!!!

Don't know about Johnny Rockets, but Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade, and Giovanni's Table are open for lunch on embarkation day. Giovanni's would be extra charge.

Suite guests have other special privileges and access including:

An invitation to the exclusive Captain’s Welcome Aboard Reception. Reserved VIP seating in the main theater for entertainment shows (and VIP seating poolside as well as at the ice shows), priority bookings for appointments in the salon and spa, and for tendering and shore excursion tickets.Complimentary pressing service on Captain’s night.Personalized Port & Shopping advice

Ok if you have a suite, then why when you sail the Allure, do you have to book your shows ahead of time if there is reserved seating.

NOTE: I have posted this question a couple of times over the last couple months, and some say not needed and others say you better (STEVE your the one that I remember helping me to say book ahead of time just in case).

Thanks

Sue and crew

Safe travels

Archived