7 day cruise tamer than a 3 day?

quirkygrl16

My boyfriend and I took a three day cruise earlier this month and it was a little too party party for us. We didn't let that ruin our cruising experience though. We want to go again. We are considering a 7 day Next Feb. that goes to Belize,Cozumel,Isla Roatan and I think Grand Cayman. I'm just curious if it's going to be as party crazy?? I want to actually be able to relax in the Serenity deck,not have to fight partiers for a chair....

My boyfriend and I took a three day cruise earlier this month and it was a little too party party for us. We didn't let that ruin our cruising experience though. We want to go again. We are considering a 7 day Next Feb. that goes to Belize,Cozumel,Isla Roatan and I think Grand Cayman. I'm just curious if it's going to be as party crazy?? I want to actually be able to relax in the Serenity deck,not have to fight partiers for a chair....

Should be a much calmer cruise. Love Cozumel, been there many times diving, love Roatan, been there diving, and we are looking at semi-retiring to Grand Cayman. If I ever go to Belize it will be on a live aboard dive boat.

We've never taken a 3-day cruise, but I've heard it's just a drunken bash. Again, can't attest to that, but I can see how that might be the mentality of some on a "weekender."

We've taken several 7-day cruises, and have never had a problem. If you aren't a big partier, you will probably be up earlier than those that are and can enjoy very peaceful mornings on deck!

Our first cruise was a four day cruise, I don't remember it being all party, but I do remember being frustrated when we disembarked because we hadn't been able to do everything we wanted to do. We much prefer a seven day cruise (at the least!) I don't know if four ports during seven days will allow you much time to spend on the serenity deck, you might want to consider a three port cruise instead. (Just a thought.)

As a general rule yes...but it all depends on who is on your specific cruise. I have seen a party vibe in the Serenity deck on 7 day cruises.

It will definitely be quieter with a little older crowd - especially in February. You'll just be fighting the old folks for a chair instead though. Chair hogs are on every cruise.

Personally, I cant see any difference in the pax on short or 7 days cruises. Carnival is Carnival and the same people book both. (like me)

I have seen major differences in the 3 day weekend cruises out of PC and Mia vs 7 day cruises out of the same port. People know they have a short time and try to squeeze all they can out of those 3 days. Many of the people on short cruises either can afford the longer cruises or cant get the time off.

The short cruises are magnet for girls getaways trips

The biggest difference is in the night club after about 1am...:p oh the things I have seen.

Haven't ever done a 3-day, but my 7 day in mid-May last year left me wondering where "the fun ship" name was. Everyone went to bed sooooo early. We tried the dance club at various times 11, 12, 1am, 2am, on different nights only to find it deserted. It left us wondering where the party was at. We ended up just going to bed after the last comedy show because there was nothing else to do.

Haven't ever done a 3-day, but my 7 day in mid-May last year left me wondering where "the fun ship" name was. Everyone went to bed sooooo early. We tried the dance club at various times 11, 12, 1am, 2am, on different nights only to find it deserted. It left us wondering where the party was at. We ended up just going to bed after the last comedy show because there was nothing else to do.

Was it out of Tampa? I find the 7 day cruises out of that port to be older clientele.

Generally yes. Though the 3-day I was on, wasn't a party cruise. It left the Friday after thanksgiving and it was more groups of family reunions. My 4-day Thanksgiving week was a similar experience.

There's always going to be groups of folks out to have a partying good time, but even when all I want is quiet and relaxation I am always able to find some spot on the ship that is all mine.

Thanks everyone. I'm perfectly okay with people going to bed early. That means my boyfriend and I can go relax on Serenity and just walk around. I'm getting excited now,haha. :D Too bad we have an ENTIRE year to wait. We also welcome an older crowd. Even though we are 21 and 24,we tend to get along better with 30+ crowd than the twenties crowd.

Thanks everyone. I'm perfectly okay with people going to bed early. That means my boyfriend and I can go relax on Serenity and just walk around. I'm getting excited now,haha. :D Too bad we have an ENTIRE year to wait. We also welcome an older crowd. Even though we are 21 and 24,we tend to get along better with 30+ crowd than the twenties crowd.

Hmm. 30+ is the "older crowd.". That officially makes me ancient... And I'm not even that old. Lol

Can someone describe what this "party atmosphere" means? I understand peoe hanging out in the night club, but that shouldn't affect anyone else There must be more to it.

I'm similarly confused by what makes the "party atmosphere."

Are you just talking about how the lounges are busy or what? I've never experienced that....I've been on cruises where the disco and the piano bars are dead on some nights. On our last cruise (on the Victory), the one night we went to the piano bar, it had probably the biggest crowd we'd seen in the piano bar--maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the seats were taken. Karaoke and Punchliners were always hard to get into.

As far as general drunkenness goes, I experience more of that going to free family concerts in the park where I'm from than anything on a cruise ship.

It could be that the shortest cruise I've taken is four days, and most of the cruises have been 7 or 8 days, with two cruises more popular with the older crowd (Alaska and Panama/Costa Rica); and the fact that we generally go sometime between mid-January and mid-February.

When I used to live in Miami, I sailed on the 3 night cruise a few times, and YES, I boarded the ship with a much different mentality than when I sailed on 7 night cruises.

My goal was to pack in as much fun and partying as possible with as little sleep as possible. And I was not alone. A lot of people seemed to be drunk from 4pm on Friday until 8am on Monday. One time, I even woke up when an officer tapped me on the shoulder on debarkation morning. I had fallen asleep (passed out) on a sofa in the nightclub along with some of my friends. :o

Those days are now gone. I'm now married with kids and the only time I entered the nightclub on our last cruise was to attend the Camp Carnival Welcome Aboard party. :D

But yes, to answer your question, there is a big difference between a 3 night and a 7 night cruise.

I have not been on a 3-day, but have been on 5 days. I've never really been bothered by anyone on a 5 day, but I did see a difference in the "atmosphere" of 5 and 7 day cruises. I'm sure many factors go into this, such as boarding port, and destination ports. But overall, I'm sure there would be a huge difference going between a 3-day and a 7-day. :)

We did a three day on our first cruise, we don't drink, we usually go to bed pretty early, we did see a lot of drunk people. Our second cruise was the Legend, in February, the crowd was older, there were more people, , and we saw less drunks, mainly because there were more things to do and more room. The bars were not open late, the piano bar was never open (due to a barber shop quartet competition) so events were moved around on the ship....which confused people and they ended up going to bed early. LOL

Our last two cruises were 5 day cruises, same ship- totally different clientelle. Fascination to Key West and Nassau, ship leaves on time, few kids pre Christmas, not many people drinking-second time, november, HMC and Nassau, ship gets stuck in port until 10, bars have been open for hours, rough seas, lots of drinking lots of drunks, not many people out and about on the first sea day, all recouping from the embarkation night.....:rolleyes: :D

Since a lot of the same people book both .. .. are they really more relaxed on a 7 day and more hyper to get it all in on a 3 day?? Im the same, but then I cruise enough, I no longer feel pushed to "get it all in".

Yeah.

People get like that at Disney World. Not drunk, but trying way too hard to see all and do all.

I think it is also that we find what we are looking for on a cruise.

That said, I have never done a three day cruise, but five day cruises are my favorite.

So far I have had no problem finding a quiet spot to sit and look at the water.

So, it sounds like when folks refer to a "party at atmosphere" they are primarily referring to seeing enebriated folks around the ship and the hustle and bustle of the entertainment venues. Would that be accurate? My three cruises have been on RC, HAL, and Princess, which definitely wouldn't be considered "party ships," but we had fun on all three (although it all occurred before 11 pm on HAL) lol

Archived