How many Carnival cruises in a year?

MyImagination

My record was 5 a year. Most of them short cruises.

I have 4 planned this year. Three 7 days and one 5 day. None of them Carnival but I got Breeze next year.

Some of my cruising buddies are also coworkers. We used to work in Miami. Then last year the company we work for decided to moved us from sunny Florida to northeast. No more last minute deals. :rolleyes:

We started off slow. When the kids were at home things were tight and time off from work was hard to come by. It was a few years in between cruises at 1st. But these last few years we are trying to do 2 per year.

I run a floral dept in a big box retail facility. In the retail world we can't take time off between Halloween and New Years, but I have found that I can sanely make it through Valentine's day madness in the floral world if I take a week long cruise in early January before all the prep work for V-day starts. Mother's day is just as crazy with sales for us and I try to schedule 1 more trip after that to regain my sanity.

One year we actually fit in 3 cruises, 2 -7 day and 1 -4 day. That was great! I'd really love to be able to go about 1x per quarter or every 3 months but at this point its my time away from work that is hard to come by and not hubby's. I long for a time when I'm no longer working retail and can manage a Halloween cruise. But for now I have to be happy with 2 per year and maybe squeezing in another short one when I can.

Archived