Shower Cubicle in Marina B1 Balcony Cabin?

Lottie A

I am thinking of booking this grade Balcony cabin on Marina but it is important to me to have a separate shower cubicle - as I'm not really fond of bathtubs.

So do the B1 Balcony cabins on Marina have a separate shower cubicle or is it one of those awful "over the bath" type showers?

Thanks very much.

I am thinking of booking this grade Balcony cabin on Marina but it is important to me to have a separate shower cubicle - as I'm not really fond of bathtubs.

So do the B1 Balcony cabins on Marina have a separate shower cubicle or is it one of those awful "over the bath" type showers?

Thanks very much.

It is a separate shower stall.

063716.jpg063706.jpg

In the second photograph you can see the tub on the left, and the shower stall in the reflection of the mirror.

We have not been on the two large ships, but can imagine based on drawings. The problem is that Oceania tried to put too many things into such limited space in the regular balconied cabins. At 295 sq.ft., the Silver Cloud/Wind do not have separate tub and shower, only the 345 sq.ft. Silver Shadow/Whisper do. Now to put separate tub and shower into a 282 sq.ft. Oceania cabin is expectedly challenging.

If Oceania is serious about having both features in the available space, they can try

http://classicsafeway.com/cs2747.htm It may be more expensive, but something along this line should work.

We have not been on the two large ships, but can imagine based on drawings. The problem is that Oceania tried to put too many things into such limited space in the regular balconied cabins. At 295 sq.ft., the Silver Cloud/Wind do not have separate tub and shower, only the 345 sq.ft. Silver Shadow/Whisper do. Now to put separate tub and shower into a 282 sq.ft. Oceania cabin is expectedly challenging.

If Oceania is serious about having both features in the available space, they can try

http://classicsafeway.com/cs2747.htm It may be more expensive, but something along this line should work.

How kind of you to offer such constant, if unsolicited, advice :D

We believe this advice to be both good and practical. The combo tub-showers at that link cost only some $3,500 (must be discounts on large scale purchases). With Oceania fares being typically $500 per diem these days, or $1,000 per cabin double occupancy, it will be only 3.5 days, or one-third of the now shortened typical voyage (from 14 days six years ago to 12 days three years ago to 10 days now while increasing the per voyage fare). So it is minimal, while it will solve many of the passenger complaints as seen on this board.

They will be installing showers in the tubs but I find these dangerous on ships. With the high lip and motion of the ship getting in and out of the tubs can be tricky. I like the stall showers on the Marina but feel we could be better served with elimination the rainfall head in favor of one coming out of the wall. I'm 5"11" and found it annoying.

There already is a hand-held shower in the tubs; however, there is no curtain or glass partition to keep the water in the tub. I guess if I was bathing and wanted to wash my hair, it would be useful. Being 5'3", the shower stall is fine for me and my 6'1" husband didn't have a problem.

They will be installing showers in the tubs but I find these dangerous on ships. With the high lip and motion of the ship getting in and out of the tubs can be tricky. I like the stall showers on the Marina but feel we could be better served with elimination the rainfall head in favor of one coming out of the wall. I'm 5"11" and found it annoying.

I agree with you

The tubs on Marina are very high step over

I did not like the rain head for washing my hair

I much prefer the shower set up on the R-ships minus the friendly curtain :eek:

Just widen the shower stall & put glass doors ...perfect

Lyn

Archived