Favorite Independence cabin/category

We are sailing on the Independence of the Seas next year but I have yet to pick my cabin. I definately want a balcony but I don't know where. What are your favorite balcony cabins on this ship & why?

And if you have any other fav things about this ship, please share :)

Thanks in advance

Been on the Indy twice and have had 7528 and then 7534, we are on her again in Nov but this time in a suite! But still in the same area as the other cabins were but two floors up. We like it here as nearby to the things we want, Cafe, Theatre, Solarium and gym.

Most cruises we go on we have chosen the left side, 7/8/9th floor and near the front.

We have been on the hump on AOS in a JS (Voyager class) and liked that and recently had a Promenade cabin on the AOS and will never ever have one again (unless it's free!)

We love the Indy,

We like the Florider, the shows, skating, the staff and the quizzes!

Deck 10 aft all the way for me , been twice on Liberty in JS 1406 and D1 1402 ,going on Indy in April in the same place , we find it great , there's no noise , no traffic from people walking past , your only one deck below the pool and windjammer and there's a lovely view of the wake from your balcony .If your lucky enough to bag either 1400 or 1700 you will have a balcony cabin similar in size to a junior suite ,they are corner aft and have a unique layout much bugger than normal D1balcony cabin and the balcony is nice and big too .

We've had 6250 twice and love the location. I like being forward on Voyager/Freedom class ships because the forward elevators seem to get less crowded. I also like being on the same end as the gym and solarium! We have 9530 on Freedom in May.

Near to aft lifts (elevators) on deck 8.

Deck 8 is 3 down to the Promenade and 3 up to the Windjammer/pools etc. That way if the lifts are busy, you can easily walk up or down.

Love walking right around deck 4 and resting a while on the helipad for some fabulous views. Helipad in the dark on a moonlit night is just wonderful for stargazing.

Agree that the skating shows are amazing.

The first time we sailed on her we had 6234 and 6236 (connecting D1's Stbd fwd). They were very handy for the (less busy) forward elevators. You were also just a short walk from Sorrentos for snacks and coffee etc. When you came out of the theatre shows it was a short walk to your room so you could wait a few minutes for the crowds to disperse.

We have also had 1406 and 1706 (JS aft). These were great for the enormous balcony size. Aft views also better on Deck 10 than the lower aft decks.

We had cabin 8412 which is at the Aft. The balcony was really big and we had two loungers and a table and chairs. Lovely to sit out on and watch the wash from the back of the ship. Its a bit of a distance to the lifts but its very quiet at night as there is limited foot fall past. There is an external structure at the Aft but we never noticed and obstruction of view.

Archived