TAUCK Budapest to Amsterdam August 28, 2012

TRIPACIAN

We sailed with Vantage on the same itinerary and loved it. I had bought a book called "Castles along the Rhine" and it was very helpful identifying the castles and telling their history.

The story and pictures are on our website

We are happy to answer any questions

My wife and I are booked on this cruise and we are looking for fellow travelers and helpful information. This is our first river cruse.

Please plan at least 3 days pre-cruise in Budapest to see all the sights, and surrounding area. I hired a guide and saw lots of Hungary. Actually made two trips. We went to Szentendre, Godollo, Lake Balaton, etc.

There is lots of interesting info on this website

http://www.tourguide.hu/

And be prepared, sometimes the river doesn't cooperate and the cruise turns into a bus ride. But it's still beautiful country. ENJOY!

Hi Grapestake,

We are a party of four and are also going to be on the Treasures departing August 19th from Bucharest . We will be leaving you in Budapest. I notice you are also from California. I posted on the All River Cruise Roll Call section for this sailing. This is our second river boat cruise with Tauck. You are in for a treat. When are you arriving in Bucharest? We are going in two days earlier. My DH's family was from Romania so we wanted to do this end of the Danube.

Sheila

Archived