Jewel of the Seas Cabin

Good Morning!

I am looking at booking a 5-night next month on the Jewel of the Seas. Only forward and aft balconies are showing up. Not the "true" aft, but those along the back sides of the ship. How is motion back there? I have cruised twice and been fine, but I was in midship balconies. I've also never cruised in the Gulf of Mexico.

Anyone ever have luck calling RCL and having more balconies available? I realize this cruise i on special and sailing soon, but I was just curious if all that is available is shown online.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Good Morning!

I am looking at booking a 5-night next month on the Jewel of the Seas. Only forward and aft balconies are showing up. Not the "true" aft, but those along the back sides of the ship. How is motion back there? I have cruised twice and been fine, but I was in midship balconies. I've also never cruised in the Gulf of Mexico.

Anyone ever have luck calling RCL and having more balconies available? I realize this cruise i on special and sailing soon, but I was just curious if all that is available is shown online.

Thanks in advance for any info!

What's the exact sailing date you're looking at?

We just sailed in 1092 on deck 10. The only complaint was some noise from deck 11. No vibration or motion.

When you say 'noise,' are you referring to WJ-rolling-carts-at-4am-over-your-head type noise? We were considering cabin 1092 in lieu of our D1, but have read some reports that it can be quite noisy, so we have kept our deck 9 cabin.

It sounded like tables or chairs being moved. Also at around 5am every morning you could hear the Crew elevator crank up. I know this sound because I have heard it over the years in hotels whenever I had a room near the elevator shafts. But having said all of that, I have never been on a cruise that I didn't hear some type of noise/s. If you do get a quiet cabin you may end of having the "drawer slammer family" next door, or the "loud talker family" in the halls every morning like they are the only people on the ship, or the "let your kids run up and down the halls screaming family", etc., etc., lol.

Over all we loved the cabin. This was our first JS, and it was a suite guarantee. The cabin was clean, and Jessica was super cabin steward. I think the pros definitely out weighed the cons.

I will never go back to a D1 now that we have done the JS. The extra room and larger bathroom is so much nicer. In fact our next 2 cruises booked on RCCL are in JS.

We had 8654 on Jewel's sister ship Radiance [E2, 6 cabins from the very back] and motion was not an issue. We had pretty good weather though so probably not good test. We were also near the back of Jewel in a deck 3 OV. Understanding that the lower deck tempers the motion, we went through some pretty rough seas on that voyage and still had no problems.

Archived