Check you mirror!!

Homosassa

I am not posting this on the two threads where such obvious examples are literally hanging about in pictures but thought I would just make it some rather (to me) obvious advice.

If you plan to wear dresses that don't have adequate built in support for the breasts, please for your own sake, try the dresses on and get an honest critical opinion from someone on if the "girls" have turned into "sagging women."

If you don't have anyone to give you an opinion, here is a helpful hint: If you cleavage is 6 inches long above the top of the low cut dress, and the bottom of the breasts are somewhere just above your waistline, either don't wear the dress or get a bra with stays that start at 5he knees for support.

Good Lord, it absolutely amazes me how women do not get it when the ship has sailed for some dresses!

What kills me, is there are dresses out there for EVERY type of body...short, tall, thin, fat, young and not so young (that would be me)...FIND IT! I am embarrassed for some of these poor ladies who really havent a clue.

Thanks for the reminder...proper foundations are the key to looking THINNER and BETTER.

Oh, and don't forget the 'oprah' test...putting a pencil under your boob...if it stays, get a freakin' bra! LOL

I am really into finding good supporting swimwear and nice fitting dresses; however, as a full d-cup girl, who is not plus size (i wear a dress size 6), it can be really difficult to find a dress that is not too low cut and I can wear a bra with. After 4 kids, age, and even a lift years ago... gravity is not my friend.

I see ladies in jeans and t-shirts in very poor fitting bras that still cause them to sag down to their waist.

This is just my experience shopping for clothing, but I find that manufacturerers tend to be cutting necklines lower and deeper than they used to. This includes everything from t-shirts, to camis to dresses and so on.

I'm not one that enjoys showing a lot of cleavage (just my taste), but find that many clothes I would have otherwise really liked are just cut too low for me. It is just harder to find the right cut of neckline now than it used to be. I am 68.

I am not posting this on the two threads where such obvious examples are literally hanging about in pictures but thought I would just make it some rather (to me) obvious advice.

If you plan to wear dresses that don't have adequate built in support for the breasts, please for your own sake, try the dresses on and get an honest critical opinion from someone on if the "girls" have turned into "sagging women."

If you don't have anyone to give you an opinion, here is a helpful hint: If you cleavage is 6 inches long above the top of the low cut dress, and the bottom of the breasts are somewhere just above your waistline, either don't wear the dress or get a bra with stays that start at 5he knees for support.

You made me smile...

Regretfully, too many women fail to understand that there is a very fine line between showing a little sexy shoulder or back and looking classy and letting way too much show and looking like trash dressed in a very expensive trash bag. Someone clearly needs an appointment with a stylist...

Oh no girls... I think you are forgetting that it doesn't matter what you think of what she's wearing... it's what she thinks. I absolutely wear stuff I have no business wearing but it makes me happy and I don't care what other people think or say. I love the way I look and so does my husband. I'm not a model but I don't care.

BTW you couldn't pay me enough to wear Spanx on my vacation. Not enough money in the world people...

Does anyone watch What Not to Wear on TLC? Wearing proper-fitting clothes not only changes a woman's appearance - it changes how she feels about herself! A lot of times, women put on a "I don't care how the world views me" shield, but deep down, they do care.

Isn't that the truth! And... the people who are so critical of people who try to look their best, using the term "fashion police", who in reality are more judgmental than the well dressed person.

Like it or not, we all form an opinion with first impressions. The thing to learn is to have the good grace to not categorize a person due to their fashion choices.

But I agree with the OP, people need to take an honest look at themselves before walking out the door. Harrison Ford said in an interview years ago something I try to live by, that is to never wear something you will be embarrassed to see in a photograph 10 years from now. Go with a trend, but don't be "trendy".

I'm sure there have been times where I have worn something that others were wondering what I was thinking!:D And I know my husband is not a good judge of what I'm wearing since he will always tell me it looks good. Plus, I think he still sees that 16 year old girl, not the fluffy, rapidly maturing 57 year old I am now!:D

Sherri:)

I am a very large breasted girl, by nature! I am 5 ft, with DD-DD breasts! Its very hard to find things that can accommodate the girls sometimes! My formal dress is going to be very tricky to figure out. Its backless, sideless and I am bound and determined that my seamstress will be able to figure it out! When you are young you hate to look older because you have to dress like a grandma! I can not even wear a two piece because I can't find one that holds them where they belong! Sometimes its more than what we think, I understand your thought, trust me I have the visual. But sometimes we can't control things that just are not made for our bodies, but want to wear it so very bad to be like "everyone" else! I am actually happy I weigh more than I have because when I was 110 with these breasts I just wanted to hide! Now I am more proportioned and don't feel so "in the lights" anymore! Again I value your opinion but sometimes there is more to the story than what we see!

I can't wear cute little sundress, that are strapless or small strapped, two piece suits......let me tell you its not the best in the world! I would do anything to be flat chested!

I know that a lot of these women could not care less what any of us think ... But what they don't get is the fact that you look HEAVIER when your boobs are hanging half way down to your waist. It's a fact.

Last week I was fitted for a few new bras and it was absolutely AMAZING what a difference it made. Two women at work asked me if I'd lost weight. Nope, just a new bra.

But if they want to run around the ship looking a size bigger then so be it! Oh, and a bra that fits is comfortable. I'm not talking Spanx, I'm talking a regular bra.

"A bra that fits is comfortable." Well, then I have never had one that fit, I guess. I know I look better with a bra, but I hate them all. When I'm on vacation I care a lot more about feeling comfortable. I never wear a low-cut or sheer top without a bra, but I do wear a sweater without one. Don't most women feel a huge sense of relief when they take off the bra at the end of the day? Mine aren't just uncomfortable, they are usually painful. Yes, I've been fitted, more than once, by experts my friends swore by. I've spent $200 on a bra and it was just as bad as the $40 ones. I think I'm hopeless. :rolleyes:

"A bra that fits is comfortable." Well, then I have never had one that fit, I guess. I know I look better with a bra, but I hate them all. When I'm on vacation I care a lot more about feeling comfortable. I never wear a low-cut or sheer top without a bra, but I do wear a sweater without one. Don't most women feel a huge sense of relief when they take off the bra at the end of the day? Mine aren't just uncomfortable, they are usually painful. Yes, I've been fitted, more than once, by experts my friends swore by. I've spent $200 on a bra and it was just as bad as the $40 ones. I think I'm hopeless. :rolleyes:

Or you haven't been to the right bra fitter. Cost isn't a factor in fit, it's just like shoes, even if they cost $1000, if they don't fit, they don't fit. But a bra should not be painful at all, not if you have the right size. I barely notice mine at all when I'm wearing it.

But I'm right there with you taking my bra off at night is a relief, so are the shoes, socks, pants and top. If only I looked well put together in my pajamas :) Kind of like finally sitting down to relax after running around all day.

This is just my experience shopping for clothing, but I find that manufacturerers tend to be cutting necklines lower and deeper than they used to. This includes everything from t-shirts, to camis to dresses and so on.

I'm not one that enjoys showing a lot of cleavage (just my taste), but find that many clothes I would have otherwise really liked are just cut too low for me. It is just harder to find the right cut of neckline now than it used to be. I am 68.

I'm quite a ways from 68, but totally agree with you. I'm having a really hard time finding clothes and I DON'T WANT TO WEAR A CAMI UNDER EVERYTHING I WEAR!!!!! That's they answer I get from all the sales people when I explain why I don't want the outfit. Very Frustrating.

Don't most women feel a huge sense of relief when they take off the bra at the end of the day? :

I must be the opposite! I would prefer to wear a bra 24 hours a day -- when I change into my pjs to relax before bed, I change into a different bra. I will usually take it off just before closing my eyes, but I have been known to sleep in it. I don't enjoy the feeling of sagging to my knees. Two kids and almost 3 years of breastfeeding have not been kind.

It took me a long time to finally find bras that I was comfortable in. A solid fitting bra is more imortant to me than solid fitting shoes -- I can kick my shoes off while sitting at my desk but I could never take my bra off!

Archived