Enchantment

We are seriously considering the Enchantment for a 7 day 11September sailing out of Boston. Also considering the new Norwegian Jewel. We prefer the itinerary on the Jewel, but we have wanted to give RCCL a try (we have previously sailed with Princess, but we have heard great things about RC kids programs and Royal Family Suites...). Any opinions on RC vs NCL?

We are cruising with you on Nov. 7th. We had a heck of a time getting on this sailing as it has been on & off sold out. But our RCI customer service rep got us on and in the cabin we wanted.

Are you part of a big group ?

It is unusal that this particular sailing is so packed.

Patty

We're booked after the "stretch" in the Royal Suite but I'm not saying which date. I'm afraid I'll be getting a cruise-long party courtesy of my wife and me.....hahahahaha...............Can't wait to go though!!!!

Guest susan t

We are booked for the Dec 5, 2005 cruise.

Does anyone know exactly where the stretch will be added? What cabin numbers are in the new section?

Does anyone know exactly where the stretch will be added? What cabin numbers are in the new section?

Susan

I don't know what cabin category you are interested in, but on the deck 8 plan below, the new cabins are the purple D1's midships

New Deck Plan

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do;jsessionid=0000Za6FqA9lig5MV6nJ6VXDVBS:v2mocc7o?shipCode=EN&deckCode=BR&shipProfile=1069&sailDate=1050421

I booked the Sep 11 cruise, 10th wedding anniversary celebration, but everything has gone to @!## today - I ran across a previous post here about cabin numbers changing after the stretch. I checked the new layout and sure enough, my favorite corner aft reservation for room number 7150 is no longer the corner aft, much less an aft room.

I booked my cruise with the loyalty ambassador while onboard my last cruise in November, while staring at the back model of a like-ship and discussing the fact that the modifications were to take place in the MIDDLE of the ship.

RCI told me tonight that yes it was an aft corner room before but all there aft rooms are sold out or alloted to some group reservation. We have purchased plane tickets, hotel arrangements, vacation time, you name it. I am a C&A member, get the monthly newsletters, use their VISA card for everything, and yet they can't notify me. They KNOW people locate the rooms on the ship before purchasing, whether they want to be near a staircase or close to the dinning room, etc.

I am SO disappointed in RCI. All I can say is thank you JIMBO for your information in the previous thread to someone who was able to switch rooms in time - thanks to you at least I now know about this BEFORE arriving.

And thanks everyone for letting me vent!!!

FLAcruiser123-

so sorry to hear about the mix-up. When I was booking our trip for the 4th of Sep-knowing that they were adding cabins-- and the RCCL agent told me "none of the numbers will change" I thought?????huh?? I'm no math whiz but couldn't figure that one out and fortunately kept asking.

it surprises me that they can't put you on priority waitlist or something for an aft- as you say, you booked with a certain intention in mind. It also surprised me how little they had their act together about the new deck plans. I would think this kind of thing takes months to plan ahead and they should have had them available much earlier.

hope it works out for you- and happy 10th however you celebrate it!

go here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/highlights.do?pagename=enchantment_highlights&shipCode=EN and click on stretching animation... it will show where the new section will be inserted.

http://www.*****/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=006776If you go down about a third of the way, there is the complete RCCL press release and then a bit further there are some awesome pictures (actually artists drawings) of what the pool area will look like. I'm not the bungee type, but it's going to make for some interesting people watching for sure!

Archived