Enchantment

We are on the July 24th sailing out of Philly to New England. We will be flying in to the international airport and have some questions.

How much will a cab cost to the port or are we better off taking the transfers.

Where can we get a really good cheese steak at 9:00 am in the morning.

Thanks,

according to http://www.cruisephilly.com/transportation/airport/ the airport is 8 minutes from the pier, not sure what that costs by cab (or what the transfers cost), but if you get caught in traffic the tab might run up in the cab unless you negotiate a flat rate.

here's a list of the food in the airport http://www.philamarketplace.com/go/dirListing.cfm?CurrCat=2138209150

but I gotta say that you shouldn't spoil your appetite before you get on board the ship!

come join our rollcall for the 7/24 sailing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=116565

We're booked for the first week in December for the 4 night cruise. I'm looking forward to seeing what a vision class ship looks like after it's been stretched.

Greetings...

Has anyone started a thread for the 12/1/05 Enchantment Cruise ?

Let me know....

We are on the 7/11 sailing from Cape Liberty to NE/Canada. We have always sailed south before, and I am looking forward to the different ittinerary. We are in a brand new cabin!

The dirinking age (for the poster who asked) is 18 for wine and beer with a parent's permission, and 21 for everything else. The is RCCL policy.

We have booked the Enchantment for September 18 out of Boston.. Anyone sailing with us? Make sure you register for the " Meet and Mingle". It can be fun and there are good door prizes too. We picked this cruise because of the ports and also because it leaves from Boston which is convenient. NO planes are necessary as we can just drive to Boston from NJ. Looking forward to all of these ports which are new for us.

NJ Gal

Roitterdam

Celebration

Vision of the Seas

Voyager 03

Veendam 04

Hi, jeh454 and cunarder! This should be a wonderful cruise! I have never been to New England or Halifax and we are really looking forward to the newly refirbished ship! I think this is the best time to visit by ship (except that we will miss the fall colors)!

• 4 weeks later...
So are we. There's a thread in Roll Calls, too.

So are we!:D

first cruise!!

We are booked for the 7/7 out of NJ (to Halifax, NJ)--the first cruise after the stretch! I can't wait!!! :)

Hey! Where's Halifax, NJ? I thought we were going to Canada! :p:D

Those of you who have been on the Enchantment... please help reassure me that I'm not making a mistake. I've sailed on the Mariner 2 years in a row... never got bored, but REALLY don't like the # of people on the ship... so I've narrowed it down to the Navigator (I know... just as many people) or Enchantment. One of the things I like about E is the shorter cruise... I want to try a 5 night... and I'm just hoping we won't be bored. I know there's the improvements being made during the stretch... but I would like to know, does Windjammer offer an afternoon snack? My daughter wants to know if there's free soft serve ice cream? See, we're pretty basic people! LOL

We are booked for the Dec 5, 2005 cruise.

Does anyone know exactly where the stretch will be added? What cabin numbers are in the new section?

Hey we are going on this cruise also. Hope to see you there.

Guest THE EDS

Booked on the July 31 out of Philadelphia also in the new midsection. Getting VERRRRRY excited

THE EDS

We are on this one with you, dougp26364! It's our 1st time on RCL as we 've been on many Carnival cruises! We can't wait! Who are you sailing with?! Maybe we can have drinks! It's just me and dh on this one...oh, and now I see afkpar and njp70 on with us...oh yeah we have a party! Should we start our own thread?!

Jen

Those of you who have been on the Enchantment... please help reassure me that I'm not making a mistake. I've sailed on the Mariner 2 years in a row... never got bored, but REALLY don't like the # of people on the ship... so I've narrowed it down to the Navigator (I know... just as many people) or Enchantment. One of the things I like about E is the shorter cruise... I want to try a 5 night... and I'm just hoping we won't be bored. I know there's the improvements being made during the stretch... but I would like to know, does Windjammer offer an afternoon snack? My daughter wants to know if there's free soft serve ice cream? See, we're pretty basic people! LOL

You won't be bored. There is an afternoon taco bar (among other items). There is also soft serve ice cream (it may have been more of a yogurt), but it wasn't bad - choc, van, twist. There will be Ben & Jerry's after the changes. You will have a great time.

Archived