Caribe deck (BA) booked solid 11 months out?

Prof96

I am planning to take the 1-6-13 10-day Southern Caribbean on the Emerald but according to my TA and the Princess website there are no BA cabins available. Can this be right? Does anyone know if Princess holds back cabins for later sale? Thanks in advance to the experts out there!

I just went to the Princess website and checked availability for BA on the 1/6/13 cruise. There were a few BAs available, all on Lido deck.

TAs reserve cabins when bookings open for their customers and release them later. Princess doesn't hold cabins back but there may be cabins available through other TAs. It's not unusual for a cruise to be sold out. My upcoming cruise was sold out a year ago and my October cruise has been essentially sold out for months.

I am planning to take the 1-6-13 10-day Southern Caribbean on the Emerald but according to my TA and the Princess website there are no BA cabins available. Can this be right? Does anyone know if Princess holds back cabins for later sale? Thanks in advance to the experts out there!

There are six cabins being show on Caribe deck for the 20 day cruise. A good TA will be able to secure one for you for 10 days.

For the 10 day, there are 2 showing on Caribe, but it's the BB catagory and not BA.

Sometimes the Princess agent booking site is glitchy. I was looking to book myself for an Emerald deck mini on Diamond, approx 10 months out and it showed all wait listed. Several days later I tried again and there were plenty of Emerald deck minis available. Then I had and lost E731 due to another glitch.:(. Oh well, who can complain with any mini?

I would ask your TA to check again.

Liz

I knew I could count on CC members to help with the ins and outs of bookings! Interesting how a simple single leg, 2 person booking can be limited. Armed with this information I will contact my TA tomorrow and if necessary try a different TA. Thanks again!

I just went to the Princess website and checked availability for BA on the 1/6/13 cruise. There were a few BAs available, all on Lido deck.

TAs reserve cabins when bookings open for their customers and release them later. Princess doesn't hold cabins back but there may be cabins available through other TAs. It's not unusual for a cruise to be sold out. My upcoming cruise was sold out a year ago and my October cruise has been essentially sold out for months.

Pam,

Run the booking again and put the number of people in the cabin to three. Then lots of cabins show up on Caribe deck. Let me know if it works for you.

Archived