Taxi question

MiniMom57

Last time we were in Cozumel (2 yrs ago), we had a HORRIBLE time trying to get a taxi for 2 at the pier. The people who were running the taxi area were not helpful at all, and it took us an hour and a half to get a taxi (and that was after we got to the front of the line!)

Is the situation ANY better now?? We will have 7 people this time instead of two, so I really don't want to have the hassle of jockeying for a cab like we did 2 yrs ago.

Can anyone set my mind at ease??? :o

We just returned on Mariner, and were in Cozumel last Thursday. Once you got through all the stores at the pier, there was a line for taxis. It moved pretty quickly IMO. There was a sign which posted prices for various locations. We took a taxi to the Money Bar - $8 and downtown - $7. We shared a taxi each time which made it even cheaper. Both the Allure and the Mariner were at that pier - ~ 8000 passengers, but it never felt overwhelming. Hope this helps.

I have NEVER once waited in that line!

I walk right past the line, go out to the street, look at a few vendors there, and then hail a taxi. They pick me up and for $8 for 3 people take us to the the end of the shopping strip. We then walk back towards the ship, shopping and eating. When we are ready, we just flag a taxi again and go back to the ship.

Last time we were in Cozumel (2 yrs ago), we had a HORRIBLE time trying to get a taxi for 2 at the pier. The people who were running the taxi area were not helpful at all, and it took us an hour and a half to get a taxi (and that was after we got to the front of the line!)

Is the situation ANY better now?? We will have 7 people this time instead of two, so I really don't want to have the hassle of jockeying for a cab like we did 2 yrs ago.

Can anyone set my mind at ease??? :o

Which pier? We've always been at Puerta Maya and NEVER had a problem. Taxis have just been waiting there and off we went!!

Which pier? We've always been at Puerta Maya and NEVER had a problem. Taxis have just been waiting there and off we went!!

I don't know the names of the two piers, but it was the one that is farther away from the center of town -- not the one that is near Senor Frogs.

I don't know the names of the two piers, but it was the one that is farther away from the center of town -- not the one that is near Senor Frogs.

That's the one we were at last year with no problems at all. :) (Other than the EXTREMELY long walk just to get out of the place and having to visit every vendor along the way). :rolleyes:

Archived