Are port fees included?

butternut1

I've got a question for anyone who wouldn't mind helping me out. I'm looking at Princess online and am attempting to book a cruise. It shows the Total cost of the cruise, then Govt. fees and taxes. Nothing is mentioned about "Port" fees. Can anyone tell me please if the port fees are included in the "Total cost of the cruise on the first line? Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

I've got a question for anyone who wouldn't mind helping me out. I'm looking at Princess online and am attempting to book a cruise. It shows the Total cost of the cruise, then Govt. fees and taxes. Nothing is mentioned about "Port" fees. Can anyone tell me please if the port fees are included in the "Total cost of the cruise on the first line? Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

I believe the Govt. Fees and taxes are the "port" fees. What is not included in the total are the gratuities. Those are added daily to your onboard account so you'll want to budget for them.

Those are part of the Govt fees and taxes, so they are included in the total.

Those are part of the Govt fees and taxes, so they are included in the total.
They are included as Loonbeam said but are shown in order to disclose the Government fees and taxes so you can accurately compare pricing and know exactly how much is being paid the cruiseline and how much in fees to the ports.

Thanks so much everyone. It was a bit confusing because we checked with a travel agent and she broke it down into 3 areas... Cost of cruise, Port fees, and Gov't fees/ taxes. The travel agent quoted the cost of the port fees at 350.00 per person and the Gov't fees/ taxes at 150.92 per person for a 14 day Caribbean cruise. When I attempted to just book online with Princess I only saw Total cost and then Gov't fees/taxes which was the same as the travel agent quoted of 150.92 per person. Just kind of left me scratching my head. :)

Thanks so much everyone. It was a bit confusing because we checked with a travel agent and she broke it down into 3 areas... Cost of cruise, Port fees, and Gov't fees/ taxes. The travel agent quoted the cost of the port fees at 350.00 per person and the Gov't fees/ taxes at 150.92 per person for a 14 day Caribbean cruise. When I attempted to just book online with Princess I only saw Total cost and then Gov't fees/taxes which was the same as the travel agent quoted of 150.92 per person. Just kind of left me scratching my head. :)

Port fees are broken out for the travel agent because that amount is non-commissionable.

Beware when using a TA. We did once and she added "fees" on to what we thought was the total fare, gov't fee and taxes. She also would not give us reductions that Princess gave because "we were already paying less". After the next Princess reduction, she gave us some, but then reduced her promised OBC by half which we did not find out until after we boarded. She also used our FCC to make her price look lower without telling us. All in all, we saved less than $200 on a 12 night cruise. I spent hours on the phone and emails with her. This sent us back to Princess to book our next cruise.

Archived