Island Wings and Flight schedule

huskerdan25

We want to book the 2 hour Misty Fjords flight with Island Wings as we have heard nothing but great things about Michelle and the flight. I sent in information using the reservation form and Shona replied in less than an hour.

The concern I have is this. We are on the Sapphire and will be in Ketchikan on 6/14 from 10am - 6pm. The flight is scheduled for 3pm - 5pm and if I understand correctly, we should allow at least 15 minutes before and after allowing for a total of 2.5 hours. Is this cutting it too close to when we need to be back on the ship? If we get back at 5:15pm, we would need to rush to get back on the ship, wouldn't we? Don't we need to be back on the ship by 5:30pm for a 6pm departure?

I really want to book this and appreciate input on this timing concern.

Thanks.

Dan

Did you fully disclose to the vendor your ship and port times??? IF you did, then you can be DARN CERTAIN this schedule is accurate. If YOU can't live with it, then look for a another timeframe or book with the ship excursions.

Yes, I provided all of the information that is requested on the reservation form and that includes date in Ketchikan and ship name. We usually make sure that we are on board well before the ship is scheduled to leave so that is the only reason a red flag went up with me on the timing of the flight but I am now comfortable with the flight time and am booking.

Not sure why I got so alarmed but sounds like we will have no problems at all enjoying the flight and walking back onto the ship.

If you're cutting it really close, I'll bet Shona will drop you off at your ship. I left my credit card at their office last summer and she brought it to my ship and left it with security for me to pick up when I reboarded. Island Wings is a great operation and I'm sure you'll be more than pleased with them. I've taken two excursions with them and hope to take many more.

If you're cutting it really close, I'll bet Shona will drop you off at your ship. /QUOTE]

We went out with Michele and really enjoyed it. Doing Island Wings in June again. Shona gave us a ride back to the ship area, but I guess there was a 15-20 minute wait after we got back before the van left to take us back to ship (but we didn't say we had to be back right away). Time was on our side. Usually have to be back 30 minutes before ship sails.

Archived