Can anyone comment on using the printer in the Internet Cafe?

joker0227

We're in the midst of closing on a house and the timing couldn't be worse. We planned our upcoming trip on the Miracle a year ago and really had no idea we'd be looking at buying a house.

At any rate, does anyone have experience using the PC's and printer(s) in the Internet Cafe on the Miracle? Is it still $0.50/page to print documents? From the Internet Cafe PC's, can you open and print: MS office documents? PDFs? Would there happen to be scanning capabilities in the Internet Cafe?

I'm seriously considering purchasing a portable printer & scanner to take with us so we've got all contingencies covered in case we need to view, print, sign, scan and email documents back to our realtor and/or loan officer during our trip. I'm hoping we're all done signing stuff by the time we leave but you know how that goes...as soon as we think we're all set, there will be one more document that'll need to be signed.

Any input on the above would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has been in a similar situation and has input, I would love to hear it. Specifically I'm considering a Fujitsu S1100 ScanSnap mobile scanner or Brother DS-600 scanner and still researching mobile printing solutions if it turns out we can't print PDFs and/or word docs in the Internet Cafe.

Thanks

This does not answer your printer question but do you have someone you can trust to whom you can give power of attorney for just this transaction? You need to discuss your options with your lawyer and your real estate agent.

DON

Great suggestion, Don. Thanks! I've emailed my Realtor to see what she thinks.

We're in the midst of closing on a house and the timing couldn't be worse. We planned our upcoming trip on the Miracle a year ago and really had no idea we'd be looking at buying a house.

At any rate, does anyone have experience using the PC's and printer(s) in the Internet Cafe on the Miracle? Is it still $0.50/page to print documents? From the Internet Cafe PC's, can you open and print: MS office documents? PDFs? Would there happen to be scanning capabilities in the Internet Cafe?

I'm seriously considering purchasing a portable printer & scanner to take with us so we've got all contingencies covered in case we need to view, print, sign, scan and email documents back to our realtor and/or loan officer during our trip. I'm hoping we're all done signing stuff by the time we leave but you know how that goes...as soon as we think we're all set, there will be one more document that'll need to be signed.

Any input on the above would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has been in a similar situation and has input, I would love to hear it. Specifically I'm considering a Fujitsu S1100 ScanSnap mobile scanner or Brother DS-600 scanner and still researching mobile printing solutions if it turns out we can't print PDFs and/or word docs in the Internet Cafe.

Thanks

Joker,

While I have not used the internet cafe on Miracle, I have used them on many Carnival ships and found them to be sufficient. Scanning? I don't think so, but they may be able to scan in the photo area and you can always take a digital photo of your signed documents to send via email.

PDF files are supported on all of the ship board PCs I've used and easily printed.

I have a Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500. GREAT scanner for documents AND photos though they don't mention photos and will tell you they aren't supported. Pricey, but very much worth it if you ever need to scan stacks and stacks and stacks of photos. :)

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate the info. I did some digging around and found a website called DocuSign which I followed up with my Realtor and it turns out she uses it. We did a trial run this past week on some amendment documents that needed to be signed and it worked like a charm. So basically all I need while I'm on the ship is Internet access and we'll be all set!

Thanks again all,

T-minus 11 days until we cruise - woo hoo!!

I did some digging around and found a website called DocuSign which I followed up with my Realtor and it turns out she uses it. We did a trial run this past week on some amendment documents that needed to be signed and it worked like a charm. So basically all I need while I'm on the ship is Internet access and we'll be all set!

DocuSign is great. I used it quite a lot with my realtor 2 years ago. Please note however that when you get back you may have to sign ORIGINALS still as that is usually a legal requirement for the escrow company/attornies to have your original signatures on all of the documents.

Happy home shopping & Happy Holidays.

DocuSign is great. I used it quite a lot with my realtor 2 years ago. Please note however that when you get back you may have to sign ORIGINALS still as that is usually a legal requirement for the escrow company/attornies to have your original signatures on all of the documents.

Happy home shopping & Happy Holidays.

Thanks Don. Turns out our cruise couldn't have been timed any better and we planned it a year ago - gotta love when a plan comes together :) We get back into town on Thursday and the closing is scheduled for the next Tuesday so we'll have a couple days to do any last minute signing but my realtor tells me we're close. Last item is the appraisal coming here where we need it to which should be finalized tomorrow.

Thanks again all. If we end up having to use the docusign services while on the boat I'll be sure to post an update on how it worked out for us - hoping we won't need it though ;-)

Archived