Obstructed balcony cabin - Eclipse

robinbird62

I can't speak first hand about the fully-obstructed rooms (category 2D), but we have had a partially-obstructed room (category 2C) before. In fact, for our past two cruises, I think that when we booked that 2C and 2D were priced exactly the same so be sure to check that.

Our 2C partially-obstructed room was perfect for us. So much so that I won't consider the higher level (non-obstructed) rooms for the price difference. Looking straight out was no issue. It is just if you look straight down you will see the lifeboats on deck 5 below you. A complete non-issue whatsoever for us.

I think I have seen pictures before on this board of what I am talking about. You could try to search for it.

Has anyone ever had an obstructed view balcony cabin on the Eclipse? we are on deck 6 as far as I can see it means you cannot look down is that correct

Apparently that is the only obstruction, if you look down you will see a life boat.

Has anyone ever had an obstructed view balcony cabin on the Eclipse? we are on deck 6 as far as I can see it means you cannot look down is that correct

Every cabin is different...It depends on where the cabin is in relation to the lifeboats and to which size lifeboat provides the obstruction...

I booked 6209 for my upcoming Eclipse cruise...but only after finding a photo of 6210 (same position on other side of ship)...and determining that I could live with the obstruction...and, of course, the trade-off on 6209 (or 6210) is the incredible oversized balcony...

Click on the thumbnail below to see a larger photo of the balcony/view...

You might want to do a Google search on your cabin number and "Eclipse" (or Solstice or Equinox or Silhouette or Reflection).

balcony6210.jpg.244371fbdfde494e65873ac428df5187.jpg

Archived