Shady spots

woodsy64

I was just reading the "fess up" thread and it occurred to me that I might find it difficult to get a shady spot to sit in. I'm sailing on the Destiny in two weeks and I do not like too much sun. Is there lots of room in the shade?

Depends on your ship, but yes. Usually there are overhangs by the pool that cover tables and on deck 11 (I think) on the Freedom, there was room to drag lounge chairs under an overhang after I had gotten way too much sun, but still wanted to be outside. I am sure there are areas like that on most ships, I just don't particularly remember.

definitely! I know it might sound like I'm teasing, but really... if you go up a deck or two from the pool area one side of the ship will be in full sun, the other in the shade because of walls, funnel, etc. Great place for a nap, no one around and less warm, breezy... ah paradise!

definitely! I know it might sound like I'm teasing, but really... if you go up a deck or two from the pool area one side of the ship will be in full sun, the other in the shade because of walls, funnel, etc. Great place for a nap, no one around and less warm, breezy... ah paradise!

This is why I never understand the whole chair-hog thing. There is no reason why DW and I would want to be near the crowded, loud pool in the first place. We do the same thing--go up to deck 11/12, which is almost always empty, she tans and I go between the sun and the shade of the overhang. Works perfect for us!

My all time favorite place for shade used to be Deck 3 on the Destiny and Conquest Ships. Quiet and relaxing lounge chairs to read and nap!

But.. I do not believe they have lounge chairs on these decks any more... or at least they did not on our Glory cruise in 2010.

One reason why I loved the Serenity areas is the clamshells and shaded areas. I will leave the ship with my legs as white as when I arrived! ;)

Catrin

I was just reading the "fess up" thread and it occurred to me that I might find it difficult to get a shady spot to sit in. I'm sailing on the Destiny in two weeks and I do not like too much sun. Is there lots of room in the shade?

this is why we set up two places to sit. when the sun or the ship moves, we move to our other hogged seats, which are always in view.

Since the shady spots by the main pool are also close to some food areas, there are times when these tables are all taken and I cant find a empty one...and then I go back by the aft pool (Triumph, conquest etc have a pool in back), and I generally sit near the pizza, even if I dont want pizza.

Its not always that easy to find a good shady table.

Archived