Newbie Just Booked !

DGK

Your tidbits list

Emdee: although I have been on the PG 4 times, I'd love your list too. Always looking for a new something. If you could send to me at wbest00 at me dot com that would be great. those 00 are zero zero.

macbest, why dont you plan on coming on the repeaters cruise?

May just have to do that! I'm so hooked...

I leave in two days and I can't even keep focused on work I'm so excited as I have done it so many times and it keeps on as the best vacation we do, and we travel a lot!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the wonderful tips posted here and in other threads. Miriam, could you please also send me your tips? We are dreaming of a PG cruise next year and doing lots of research now! dreagirl73 at yahoo dot com.

What are people's opinions on the 7 day vs 10 day Tuamotos vs 11 day with Cook Islands itinerary? We are just married, in our late twenties/early thirties and realistically this may be the only time we get to FP based on the high cost and super long travel wish list we have! So want to do it right this time. :) We are also hoping/planning to do a few days at the Hilton Moorea before or after the cruise to get the overwater bungalow experience. :)

Thanks!

From my personal perspective, the main differences between the 10- or 11-night cruises are:

Some of the islands that are visited are different. I had heard that the Tuamotus have good scuba diving and snorkeling, which mattered to me.

The extra day on the longer cruise is an additional day at sea. That's not my thing, so we opted for an additional pre-cruise day. I figured we could benefit from the extra day to adjust to the time difference and make sure our luggage has arrived. Also I think we will be able to find more to do at the hotel and on Tahiti than on the ship, but I may be very wrong. I am sure my girfriend will enjoy having more time to shop.

When we first did this cruise for a special anniversary, we did the 7 day with 2 full days in Tahiti so it really was like 3 days because they give you a day room when you arrive and you do not board till later afternoon. It was a great combo for the first time and we toured the interior of the island as well we were able to get on the ship refreshed.

I think it's good that there is a mix of longer and shorter cruises. We are going for our 25 th anniversary and wanted to travel " on" the date, but our schedules did not allow us the luxury of being away for 2 weeks anytime in the next year or two. Even the 10 days we will need for a 7 night and red eyes and pre nights is going to be a challenge to manage during such a busy time in our lives. We had considered an Azamara cruise, but rejected it because all were 10 days or longer- with flights and pre nights, you are looking at 2 weeks. At this point our travel is driven more by our time budget than our money budget. One day the children will be on their own and we can leave the household for a few weeks at a time. But for now, PG got our business precisely because they offered a 7 night, and because my DH thought it looked incredibly romantic;)

Short or long it is the most romantic place so enjoy what you can it will make memories for a lifetime. We did it for our #30 and are returning this year for our #40. The first time yes we were on time budget and money now it is not as difficult so this time we are doing the Fiji to Tahiti, 11 days with extra on each side.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My tips are specific to PG itself. It relates to FP experiences from the point of view of PG. Like for example sitting on deck with a coffee and watching the circumnavigation of Tahaa before docking at Motu Mahana ( private island).

Oceania is 1300 passengers while the PG is 325. Oceania is semi inclusive, PG is all inclusive.

PG offers very personal service ... Oceania offers... I wont say anymore my one and only experience on the line was poor.

Suggest you go on the Pacific board and ask your questions. I drop in from time to time as does TikiinTahiti who has been to FP 18 or 19 times.

Emdee, would appreciate your tips at zyxwvu at me dot com! Thank you!

Archived