Newbie Just Booked !

DGK

Donna,

I had written some first timers tips for my friends and cousins who came with me last year. I think I may still have it somewhere. Shall send them to you.

Aloha!

We are doing the same jaunt thisyar as we did last, a seven day on 6/2. Since you are a legend to these boards, we would love two see your reviews that you have so kindly offered. My email is jimbrady@alohabroadband.net

mahalo.

• 2 weeks later...

Emdee - are your tips specific to PG or FP in general? I hadn't even heard of PG until I did a search on a phone app and saw the cruise line. We are contemplating the 25 day cruise from Sydney to Papetee on Oceania and I am beyond eager to learn all I can about the region. My email is elaine1014@yahoo.com.

Thanks so much!

My tips are specific to PG itself. It relates to FP experiences from the point of view of PG. Like for example sitting on deck with a coffee and watching the circumnavigation of Tahaa before docking at Motu Mahana ( private island).

Oceania is 1300 passengers while the PG is 325. Oceania is semi inclusive, PG is all inclusive.

PG offers very personal service ... Oceania offers... I wont say anymore my one and only experience on the line was poor.

Suggest you go on the Pacific board and ask your questions. I drop in from time to time as does TikiinTahiti who has been to FP 18 or 19 times.

Hi Emdee,

I too would appreciate your tips. My address is LKWASNY AT HOTMAIL DOT COM

Thanking you in advance and looking forward to our trip Sep. 1 to the Australs. Haven't been able to learn much about this destination, but excited about going...

Emdee is wonderful and her packing list perfect. I used it.

Rashguard, closed toed reef shoes (mine are Keens), lots of sunblock, a sun hat, cotton clothes, no jacket but lots of Hawaiian type shirts for the men, ATM outside the airport. Try Solumbra or Coolibar as other options for sun protection clothing. I bought a few pieces of Coolibar and was very satisfied as I burn, peel, freckle and NEVER tan.

Most of all, have a fabulous time!!

Last time we went my husband took this tube neck item sold at Tilley. You soak it in water and it expands and place it around your neck small item not large and when not filled with water it is smaller than a short silk scarf. It remains cool for hours wicking heat from your body. Cool item not expensive at all great travel item for hot areas. Will take it again this time.

Emdee,

I have been reading CC for several months to help plan our Marquesas etc. cruise Dec 1 and have found your posts to be really helpful. I would love a copy of you tips. scoker@jetbroadband.com

Thanks!

Please join our rollcall for the Dec 1 Paul Gauguin. We would like to discuss tours with our fellow cruisers. This is our second trip on PG and we can't wait to get aboard again.:):)

My tips are specific to PG itself. It relates to FP experiences from the point of view of PG. Like for example sitting on deck with a coffee and watching the circumnavigation of Tahaa before docking at Motu Mahana ( private island).

Oceania is 1300 passengers while the PG is 325. Oceania is semi inclusive, PG is all inclusive.

PG offers very personal service ... Oceania offers... I wont say anymore my one and only experience on the line was poor.

Suggest you go on the Pacific board and ask your questions. I drop in from time to time as does TikiinTahiti who has been to FP 18 or 19 times.

Hi Emdee,

Sorry to hear your experience on Oceania was not the best. We've sailed on her two smaller ships (Regatta and Insignia) and on Marina and have had nothing but great experiences. We, of course, also love PG which we sailed on two years ago.

If you still are willing to email your hints, I would love to see them. Someone on one of our cruises last year also compiled a great list which a lot of us used. One tip, bring magnets to put on your wall to leave notes for your steward or to put up your daily newsletter. My email is jtfourcpa@yahoo.com

Thanks very much.:)

I'm booked on the 7-day cruise in August and am flying to LA and then on to Tahiti---how much time do I need to allow for the connection in LA? Also since I'm switching airlines do I need to get my luggage in LA and then re-check it on Air Tahiti?

It is in a different terminal so give yourself good time to pick up and get to the other terminal and check in. Nothing worse than starting such a relaxing holiday by rushing and panicking over a flight.

Herewegeaux,

So happy you had a good time.

Miki is such a gentleman isnt he! And who will believe that Efren has a 16 year old daughter he doesnt look more than 25 with his boyish face. Miki has told us he will be on board in Jan but hope Efren is there too. We missed him last year!

Hi Diana,

Shall send when I have a moment.

Its nothing that you cannot put together - just helps newbies to acclimatize to the PG ways! Many newbies have been in the more formal world of mainstream lines and the PG is in a class by itself.

So will you be coming on the PG repeaters cruise in 2014?

Miriam

Hi Diana,

Shall send when I have a moment.

Its nothing that you cannot put together - just helps newbies to acclimatize to the PG ways! Many newbies have been in the more formal world of mainstream lines and the PG is in a class by itself.

So will you be coming on the PG repeaters cruise in 2014?

Miriam

Thank you, we are divers so most of the cruises we go on are liveaboard dive boats. We just fell in love with the PG and her staff so when my mother-in-law decided that she needed to travel or she was going to go crazy I thought this would be perfect....so we are on for the June 2013 sailing.

Archived