Cagney's B&L vs. Haven Grill B&L

ocdb8r

Title says it all...NCL experts, pontificate away. I'm curious to hear how people think the Haven Grill breakfast and Lunch compares to Cagney's breakfast and lunch. Is one better than the other? My understanding is that the menu's are the same...but curious about the actual service, ambiance and food prep. Am I soon to be punished because this has already been hashed out in another thread (that I couldn't seem to find)?

You can't really make a direct comparison because the there's only one ship, the Epic, where the suite breakfast venue is in the Haven. Variations in service and quality of food preparation can always occur when comparing one ship to another.

By the way are you trying to intentionally invite us to punish you, as you put it, with your "pontificate away" comment?

By the way are you trying to intentionally invite us to punish you, as you put it, with your "pontificate away" comment?

No, I was actually being serious. I know this is one of those things where (as you point out) it's not easy to make a "fair" comparison...hence I wanted to encourage people to pontificate.

You can't really make a direct comparison because the there's only one ship, the Epic, where the suite breakfast venue is in the Haven. Variations in service and quality of food preparation can always occur when comparing one ship to another.

Actually there will be three. The Breakaway and Getaway will have the Haven Resteraunt also.

Actually it is called the Haven Restaurant. The Courtyard Grill is an additional dining and bar area adjacent to the pool.

I found the service and food quality to be just about equal between the Haven Restaurant and Cagney's on other ships. It is fabulous both places! :D

Yes the menus for breakfast and lunch are the same, however the haven Restaurant serves dinner also with it's own special menu. Which is also fabulous too! :D

Currently there's only one, on the Epic. Do you expect anyone to be able to make a comparison to restaurants on ships that haven't been built?

My statement is there will be three, not there ARE three. We are booked in the Haven of the Breakaway and the decks plans show the Haven Restaurant and Lounge already for it. When we asked would there be breakfast and lanch at Cagneys, Our PCC also informed us that it was to be the same as the Epic, and be in the Haven Restaurant, not outside the Haven like the other ships in the fleet.

My statement is there will be three, not there ARE three. We are booked in the Haven of the Breakaway and the decks plans show the Haven Restaurant and Lounge already for it. When we asked would there be breakfast and lanch at Cagneys, Our PCC also informed us that it was to be the same as the Epic, and be in the Haven Restaurant, not outside the Haven like the other ships in the fleet.

Did you bother to read the original post? The OP asked for opinions of how breakfast and lunch in the Haven compared to Cagney's. OP didn't ask for a list of ships that will have breakfast and lunch in the Haven at some time in the future. How can you compare the food prep, service and ambiance of Cagney's breakfast and lunch to the food prep, service and ambiance for those meals on ships that haven't been built? You can only currently compare to the Epic. In 2025 there may be 5 more ships that have breakfast and lunch in the Haven. You can't make a comparison to them either.

Title says it all...NCL experts, pontificate away. I'm curious to hear how people think the Haven Grill breakfast and Lunch compares to Cagney's breakfast and lunch. Is one better than the other? My understanding is that the menu's are the same...but curious about the actual service, ambiance and food prep. Am I soon to be punished because this has already been hashed out in another thread (that I couldn't seem to find)?

The are nuances from one ship the next...heck from one sailing to the next, however my experience is that the B&L is pretty much the same no matter the venue (however many Cagney's or the Haven).

The EPIC Club, now the Haven restaurant... is beautiful. It's in a portion of the ship which is already quieter due to being behind key-card access.

At Cagneys, you're open to the ship at large, and noise may filter in from hallways, etc. It really depends which ship you're on.

On the Spirit, the Breakfast & Lunch are at Le Bistro, and not Cagneys. Last year, they were at Cagneys.

The menus are nearly identical (or I didn't notice the differences)... plus, it's not as though you have a choice. On the ship with a Haven Restaurant, they don't ALSO have Cagney's breakfast...it's the same event, just in a different location.

The EPIC Club, now the Haven restaurant... is beautiful. It's in a portion of the ship which is already quieter due to being behind key-card access.

At Cagneys, you're open to the ship at large, and noise may filter in from hallways, etc. It really depends which ship you're on.

On the Spirit, the Breakfast & Lunch are at Le Bistro, and not Cagneys. Last year, they were at Cagneys.

The menus are nearly identical (or I didn't notice the differences)... plus, it's not as though you have a choice. On the ship with a Haven Restaurant, they don't ALSO have Cagney's breakfast...it's the same event, just in a different location.

Le Bistro was a one or two week test that did not go over well. Spirit changed it back very quickly and it has been back in Cagney's for a while now. Thank you NCL.:D

On the Spirit last week B&L were in Cagney's. I think Le Bistro would have been nicer (more private).

Le Bistro was a one or two week test that did not go over well. Spirit changed it back very quickly and it has been back in Cagney's for a while now. Thank you NCL.:D

That's too bad. It was much nicer at Le Bistro with less hallway traffic, etc.

One difference at Le Bistro is that the place seems set for larger groups, than Cagneys...so you would find 1 or 2 people at a table for 6 or 8...I'm guessing it made turn-over more challenging.

Archived