Ushuaia shore excursion

jayjaycan

Any other suggestions for Ushuaia excursions?

I've been out on the catamaran through the Beagle Channel twice. The first time was just the boat ride. The second time we switched to a bus half-way through; we then had a land tour. Both were good tours that I would do again.

Now that you mention it, the train ride sounds interesting. I must go look it up! I hope someone else comes and posts about it.

Has anybody taken the "Train to the end of the world " tou in Ushuaia?

What did you think of it and is it worthwhile?

No, IMO it was not worth it! I wrote a review about it on the HAL website; another person wrote a similar review.

It was an okay excursion; exactly what was written in the description. My fault was that I imagined it to be more, which caused my disappointment. I still found it to be expensive for what I got.

It does not compare, at all, to the WP&Y train in Skagway.

The train ride is not terribly scenic (we were there in Nov/10 so it was early in spring). It's fairly flat. You stop about halfway to take pictures and, of course, to shop at the little gift shop. As I recall, it lasted for about an hour. We did stop, after the train, in the National Park for about half an hour or so.

If the excursion appeals to you, exactly as it is described, and you're willing to pay that much, then go for it. Otherwise, you might want to make another choice.

I just checked the HAL website for the reviews and found that a third person also said it was not worth the time or the money.

No, IMO it was not worth it! I wrote a review about it on the HAL website; another person wrote a similar review.

It was an okay excursion; exactly what was written in the description. My fault was that I imagined it to be more, which caused my disappointment. I still found it to be expensive for what I got.

It does not compare, at all, to the WP&Y train in Skagway.

The train ride is not terribly scenic (we were there in Nov/10 so it was early in spring). It's fairly flat. You stop about halfway to take pictures and, of course, to shop at the little gift shop. As I recall, it lasted for about an hour. We did stop, after the train, in the National Park for about half an hour or so.

If the excursion appeals to you, exactly as it is described, and you're willing to pay that much, then go for it. Otherwise, you might want to make another choice.

I just checked the HAL website for the reviews and found that a third person also said it was not worth the time or the money.

I will make that a fourth. The steam engine is fairly new not an antique like WP&Y.

I will be different. I really liked it. No need to do it by the ship. You walk off the ship and the office is right there. they take you by van to the station and then on the train. believe it or not there is a first class whice we did ride and had all the room plus drinks and snacks. We really liked it.

Jeffrey

Archived